Sr. Software Engineer - Automation (REF15335Q) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 20,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Sr. Software Engineer - Automation is part of the VDCA Mobile Development Team based in Austin, TX, USA. We are in need of a highly motivated and skilled Staff Software Engineer that is passionate on using modern automation software engineering and testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users.
This it's an opportunity to design and implement test solutions that will allow our mobile applications to be brought to production with high quality completing all testing phases, following an agile methodology. The responsibilities also include gathering and clarifying requirements, facilitating communication with other groups within the organization, and collaborating with full agile team.
- Write test plan and test cases for mobile applications (iOS & Android) involving API's and UI
- Deliver automation code as part of a Scrum Team.
- Collaborate with development team to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues
- Follow coding and test automation standards
- Support efforts to design, develop, execute, and maintain automated test suites
- Setup, configure, and maintain test environments
- Work closely with mobile development engineers and provide technical guidance to peers as needed
- Support releases and run tests to certify builds
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 3+ years of experience in mobile automation engineering
- Skilled in Java development.
- Experience writing and executing detailed test cases, test plans and test design documents.
- Functional Test Automation: Cucumber and Appium
- Experience using RESTful APIs to integrate mobile applications to server side systems.
- Passion for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication
- Experience with other technologies like iOS software development (Swift, , XCUITest), Android software development: Java, Kotlin, Espresso and Gradle is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.