Project Manager, Platform and Architecture Programs (REF17319Q) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Come Join Visa Inc, a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, banks, governments and territories to fast, secure and reliable electronic payments. Visa is accepted in 200 countries and is the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Portfolio and Program Management within the DDP team, this position will provide Program / Project Management leadership for the Platform and Architecture Programs. These Programs have a significant impact on Visa's future revenue streams. Program management will holistically
encompass working across all business and technical units within Visa to drive overall program success. Comprehensive day-to-day management of multiple, cross functional, global software development projects, specifically within mission critical programs will be required.
The responsibilities will include but are not limited to: planning & resource management, conducting project kickoff meetings; defining project scope; facilitating technical, operational and/or business requirements definition for Product Development tasks; developing detailed baseline project plans; driving/ managing / tracking projects through each phase of the project lifecycle through to successful completion leveraging agile methodologies where necessary; communicating status, issues and risks to project stakeholders;
providing leadership to cross-functional project teams, and maintaining project documentation. This position will work closely with members of Product Management, UI/UX, Product Development, QA, Release Management, Implementation Management, and Operations teams, as well as with all levels of management within the organization. The DDP organization is also fully operational in Scaled Scrum delivery. This role will include complex project management that may involve developing processes and plans.
A strong candidate will have a solid experience with technology/ product program management, people management, x-functional team leadership, as well as superb skills in communications, business analysis, problem-solving, cross-team coordination, communications, project/program management, processes, and change management.
The ideal candidate is not just a facilitator or project plan tracker but ensures things get done.
The ideal candidate must have a drive to get things done and a "make it happen" attitude. To add here, this candidate must have strong experience in onsite/offsite collaboration.
Primary role of this job is to do onsite/offsite collaboration.
- Master's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related discipline OR Bachelor's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related discipline
- Eight (8) years of overall work experience; and five (5) years specialized experience in project or program management.
- Candidate has a PMP or equivalent project management certification and has knowledge of working in an agile environment.
- Good familiarity with project management software tools; project management techniques; software development lifecycle in an e-commerce or web environment; scrum or agile experience.
- SME Knowledge of project management principles and Agile development methodologies
- Good attention to details, ability to think analytically and independently.
- Candidate should have solid experience with onsite/offsite collaboration experience
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of technical implementations of large scale, highly available, robust web/mobile and Payment Services applications.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.