- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Global Client Support Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying and resolving issues of moderate complexity. This position is at an intermediate professional level and requires strong execution and analytical abilities. This role works independently and receives minimal guidance.
- Provide information and direction to clients regarding Visa products, tools and services, Visa rules, integrated billing and transaction research.
- Act as liaison for the client; provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, service change support and system enhancement support.
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives, and ensure processing system performance standards are met and that the client perspective is represented within the organization.
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a working knowledge of Visa products and services.
- Proactively work with the client to identify strategic opportunities and operational cost efficiencies, manage moderately complex assignments that are diverse in scope, and search out appropriate courses of action.
- Research and resolve client’s business and transaction processing and billing issues by obtaining and examining all relevant information to determine cause and facilitate resolution.
- Identify and analyze processing issues with client impacts; consistently communicate situational status and resolution; advise on SLA performance both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Prepare and present monthly and/or quarterly production performance results.
- Support biannual business enhancements and all Visa mandates.
- 5 years of experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card, software or information services and Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of experience and Master’s degree
- PhD without experience
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in
organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish
productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer
expectations, and work both as part of a team and independently
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb
technical information and apply it to business solutions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required
- Build deep relationships internally as well as with assigned client’s line of
- Embrace technology and develop a deep enough level of understanding of transaction flow, supporting systems and basic system architecture in order to confidently navigate through conversations with technology / support teams and report key executive and client status updates related to platform changes and/or operational issues
- 24x7 On Call responsibilities with other Account Managers and demonstrate the ability to discern between and respond appropriately to routine and critical issues
- Issue Management experience from Triage through to Root Cause (includes working with cross-functional teams internally to understand root cause and communicating appropriately externally while adhering to organization’s issue management procedures and processes)
- Proactively manage internal stakeholders to ensure a level of accountability, accuracy and responsiveness for client facing deliverables
- Consistent ability to clearly and concisely summarize complex technical concepts, ideas, issues to Sr. Managers. Understand when and how to escalate.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal counterparts to drive a collaborative, customer-first culture and to hold yourself and others accountable for responsiveness, delivery and lessons learned
- Familiarity with using a CRM system to ensure appropriate tracking of issues and visibility of account plans for internal stakeholders
- This position will not quality for relocation assistance
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.