Senior Software Engineer - Payment Systems Risk
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of our Payments Systems Risk team to help design, enhance and build our transactional platform in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will play part of multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API, Container based services to highly functional, secure, scalable and resilient real time and batching systems. You will work on unit testing, code reviews and regular check-ins to continuous integration that will become part of your DNA. You will see the code written and moved to production within just a few days, to then be used by a huge customer base including Facebook, Nike, FedEx, Apple, State Farm, to name a few. If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit for both of us.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3 or more years of work experience or
- More than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Experience in Java, J2EE, UNIX/Linux, PL/SQL, Data Structures, Design Patterns, Optimizations, Object-Oriented design, Shell scripting
- Proficiency with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis
- Should be very strong in Core java basics and Algorithms, Multi-threading, Spring , Hibernate etc.
- Should have extensive hands on experience in developing message based architecture and low latency applications
- Must be able to tune the application performance and do memory management, and understand fundamentals of garbage collection.
- Experience with Spring MVC, Struts, JPA and Hibernate technologies.
- Experience in webservers like Tomcat,JBOSS.
- Expertise in Service Oriented Design & implementing RESTful APIs, JSON, Web services and XML
- Strong knowledge and working experience in relational database technology: SQL, JDBC, Oracle
- Experience with Web Services (JAX-RPC, JAX-WS, JAXB, REST/XML-over-HTTP, SOAP, WSDL)
- Design, Code, document and implement new applications as well as existing programs
- Contribute to enhancements, and corrections to existing applications codebase
- Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/JEE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system performance.
- Collaborate with Development & QA staff on individual and team deliverables
- Comfortable working in a loosely structured, fast-paced organization
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Conduct code reviews, as requested, to comply with coding standards
- Build working relationships with global and virtual teams on software development
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.