Client Engagement Director (Visa Development Platform)
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion and digitial innovation, working with partners around the world. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
In response to the accelerating pace of change in the payments industry, Visa is extending its network, opening access to payment capabilities, and encouraging participation by new stakeholders in the payments ecosystem. To do that, we are unbundling our products, rationalizing them into consumable services (APIs and SDKs), and opening them up to a broader set of stakeholders through Visa Developer. Visa Developer enables financial institutions, merchants, strategic partners, and independent software vendors/fintechs to more easily use our network, value-added services, and data assets. Through a best-in-class online developer experience and supporting expert services and tools, developers will be able to readily discover, access, integrate, and test what they need from Visa to create new and innovative solutions for their customers.
The role of “Visa Developer Client Engagement Director” is a position in Visa Developer Platform organization that will be responsible for driving the adoption and success of the Visa Developer Platform (VDP) and Visa’s APIs by clients and other third parties in the CEMEA region (Central Europe, Middle East and Africa). This go-to-market role will be CEMEA’s lead in VDP commercialization, the driver and converter of CEMEA client engagement opportunities, and the educator of Visa’s internal stakeholders in CEMEA. The position is the key bridge between the global VDP Product team, CEMEA Sales, regional marketing and communications, and Visa Technology teams in the comprehensive development and execution of the CEMEA VDP go-to-market plan.
The successful candidate will have a proven product and/or technology leader with predominantly digital experience. In addition, he/she must be highly collaborative, bringing a structured approach, and have an exceptional ability to communicate complex, often technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- CEMEA product leader for the comprehensive go-to-market activities for the Visa Developer Platform, coordinating closely with the global VDP team, sub-regional product team, Sales and marketing and communications teams to drive awareness, education, adoption and usage of VDP in CEMEA.
- Develop yearly commercialization plans, including target clients and use cases, and manage delivery and progress-reporting of these plans
- Build new digital user experiences and use cases leveraging Visa’s APIs to be commercialized in CEMEA
- Drive sales and commercialization of new digital use cases using Visa’s APIs through direct client engagement and ideation in collaboration with sub-regional teams (Digital Solutions, Sales).
- Manage products/APIs that are exposed through the VDP, including API pricing, contract templates enhancements, localization of sales assets, performance management, and product enhancements.
- Develop and maintain client driven product requirements for CEMEA, and communicating priorities to global
- Manage clients through the sales cycle, including pitching of digital capabilities, driving solutioning sessions with clients, overseeing solution architecture development, contract development, negotiation and management
- Able to identify relevant APIs based on client problems as well as develop initial/high level solution architecture as part of the client engagements, to be further detailed in collaboration with technical solution architects
- Work with marketing and comms on the development and execution of a comprehensive CEMEA marketing, communication, events, and PR plan for driving demand for VDP with target segments.Work with regional lead to evangelize and deliver education, training programs, and general collateral for the Visa Developer Platform across CEMEA
- Act as the initial CEMEA VDP interface for Visa Account Executives, Sales teams, and Client Support (i.e., “be the face of VDP” in CEMEA).
- Ensure the systematic collection of client and market feedback on VDP and specific APIs so Product Management and Technology can improve Product/Platform experiences and prioritize new feature and capability development.
- Partner with the Dubai innovation teams to encourage usage of Visa Developer APIs in innovation initiatives.
- Be an evangelist throughout Visa and with our clients on the new forms of digital product management. Inspire the CEMEA organization and others through demonstrated delivery and results.
- BA/BS required; MBA a plus
- 8-10+ years product experience, with a strong focus on digital products, services, and/or platforms. API platform experience a plus.
- Multiple years of experience in client facing roles, and demonstrated skills in client management and driving projects/initiatives with clients
- Exceptional change leadership skills with experience driving new initiatives in large organizations
- Proven ability to work with Technology, Product, and MarComm to deliver and execute an integrated product offering and go-to-market plan
- Fluency and experience interfacing regularly with executive management
- Ability to communicate complex, often technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Analytical thinker, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Naturally optimistic and energized by delivery of new products to the market