Sr. Staff SW Engineer (Lead) - .net
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our world-class talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Platform & Reliability Engineering Client Information, Clearing and Settlement (CICAS) Middleware Applications department is part of the Network Processing Platform & Reliability Engineering organization. We are responsible for CICAS Platform development and support as well as strategic infrastructure projects related to the CICAS suite of applications. We are looking for the right person to lead an up to ten person development team in Austin to work on technology transformation projects.
This position is ideal for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building highly functional, available and performance applications. You will be one of the leaders of the Platform Development engineering team focusing on design and build of software solutions to solve business problems. Sometimes you will be designing brand-new software solutions, and at other times you may be refactoring existing functionality for performance and maintainability, but always working on ways to make us more efficient and provide better solutions to our customers. The role is for a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills and extensive API development experience. The candidate will be extensively involved in leading hands-on software engineering activities including POCs, architecture, design, documentation, development and testing of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team’s needs. You will also help mentor and guide junior team members.
- Works with Solution or Enterprise Architecture to translate architecture into a delivered solution that realizes the vision and purpose.
- Effectively translates functional and non-functional requirements into an engineered solution.
- Consistently applies sound engineering practices leading to improved business outcomes.
- Proficient at understanding and analyzing the architecture of an existing solution.
- Comfortable extending an existing solution, or conceiving a new solution and working with delivery to have the target state architecture realized. Leading a technical team in all of the above.
- Takes ownership and/or leads the engineering responsibility for multiple components in a project. Is able to coordinate engineering activities across the delivery of the project. Works with engineers to ensure they are delivering quality and efficiently against project requirements.
- Leads and/or supports both product and technical discussions about how to apply existing and/or new technology in support of the business.
- Collaborates with project team members (Product Managers, Architects, Analysts, Developers, Project Managers, etc.) to ensure development and implementation of business solutions.
- Drives development effort End-to-End for on-time delivery of high quality solutions that conform to requirements, conform to the architectural vision, and comply with all applicable standards.
- Engages in requirements definition and clarification in collaboration with Business to ensure completeness and common understanding; deep understanding of the business needs is important.
- Provides estimates for effort and time
- Provides necessary solution architecture and design artifacts
- Facilitates design and code reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Reviews and assesses impact of proposed scope changes on assigned deliverables
- Works with other engineering teams to facilitate a common approach to continuous integration that includes build automation, test automation, and deployment automation.
- Presents technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms.
- Effectively communicates status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- 12-15 years’ experience in relevant software development building scalable, robust, and high-performance applications and services
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Expert .NET developer
- Expert knowledge and expertise in API design and development
- Subject Matter Expert in a specific skill set, business area or product.
- Complete understanding of Visa’s Leadership principles and values.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Git, and Chef desirable.
- Experience with Agile and Test Driven Development methodology
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving ability.
- Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.