Director of Engineering, Commercial Payments- Data Product Development
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
About Global Commercial Payments Platform
Visa's Commercial Payments organization is responsible for managing Visa's B2B Payment delivery and innovation agenda through strategic partnerships with critical financial institutions. This group is responsible for defining and building the Non-Card based payment innovation and product for Visa Inc. Globally. The 5 priority verticals the team is focusing on are
1. Blockchain based Cross border payment platform
2. Near time Settlement
3. Enterprise ID stamping to create digital identity for corporates
4. Hyperledger chain-code development in Go-lang
5. Analytics and Data visualization
We are working on Distributed Ledger Technology and want to add a highly motivated Engineer Leader to our team in Foster City,CA. Work on emerging technologies, partnering with Product on implementation strategy.Work with technology teams to understand the business demand and ensure design and build of solutions creates or leverages cross-asset concepts and frameworks.
In addition, Global Commercial Payments team’s culture is built on the following values:
- Put Customers First.
- Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
- Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
- Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
- Get It Done. Results matter!
- Own It
- Make Each Other the Best
- Embrace each other’s Differences
We’re hiring talented Software Engineers to join us! You will collaborate and learn with a team of programming experts to solve problems and build technology solutions. We need smart engineers who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly-and are enthusiastic about building new technologies! This role has the potential to work in a variety of product areas and will have an impact on our customers and our products.
This Position will report directly to Global Technology Leader (Commercial Payments) , California
- development, design and/or implementation of products, services, solutions for VISA’s Global Commercial Payments portfolio. Responsible for creating and communicating technical strategy within the organization and/or across the function.
- Own & Drive the end to end development effort for on-time, high-quality, highly scalable technical solutions that meet the product vision. Responsibilities span all phases of product development including:
- Collaborating and aligning with architects and senior technologists on proper architecture and design.
- Partnering with Business teams to ensure completeness and common understanding of product vision, roadmap & requirements.
- Leading agile engineering teams to deliver end to end technical solutions that meet and exceed product expectations.
- Manage and automate engineering and operations, including post implementation support.
- Understand client experience and drive strong client focus.
- Innovate and design new technologies like Distributed Ledger Technology , AI and Machine learning initiatives for Commercial Payments
- Build analytics that provides deep insights into engineering efficiency; developer velocity; operational and support efficiency and service quality.
- Envision and communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups
- Manage Headcount, deliverables, schedule and cost for the organizations ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that Goals, Objectives, Timelines and Budget are met in accordance with organizational metrics and business plans.
- Passionate about Commercial Products and find opportunity in product line to enhance and expand commercial business
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 8-10 years’ experience in strategy consulting, a product organization, investment banking, Cash Management (Payments and Liquidity Management), International Remittances
- Client focused and strong delivery characteristics
- Communication and Strategy will play key role in selection process
- Business development, partnerships, alliances or relationship management skills helpful
- Experience in leading projects and working with senior management
- Payments or technology industry knowledge very helpful
- Analytical and strategic acumen
- Ready to challenge the status-quo, and drive innovative ideas
- Ability to become a thought leader
- Team player possessing a strong drive to add value to the business direction
- MBA a huge plus
- Candidates having Industry experience between 8-12 years are ideal
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.