Sr. Financial Systems Analyst
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Visa is currently seeking a seasoned Sr. Financial Systems Analyst to play a critical role in Finance Systems Strategy (FSS) organization, which is responsible for defining the global finance systems roadmap as well as the implementation and enhancements of financial systems. Excellent business and systems analysis, critical thinking, internal controls understanding, seamless coordination and communication skills are crucial for this role. Must also be self-directed and comfortable in multi-tasking, disciplined, and adaptable to change.
Deliver System initiatives and enhancements
- Write business requirements for all enhancements, translate business requirements into design, and provide detail functional and technical design specifications to IT Dev team
- Work with IT dev team to support agile development of all regional/global system enhancements
- Demonstrate technical expertise and business acumen
- Ensure Global data and process standards are implemented
- Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for all system changes and enhancements
Perform Business Admin activities
- Single interface to business users for all system needs
- Provide end user support (research, functionality, etc.)
- Perform data load and reconciliations between various systems data
- Maintain data integrity within financial systems and applications, including Oracle Financials, Ariba, Concur, Hyperion, TM1
- Create dashboards, reports, charts, and graphs for management
- Maintain system training material and deliver end user Training
- Participate and support business recovery/continuity planning testing
- Document and maintain business admin run books and standard operating procedures
- Responsible system related periodic activities i.e. month end/year end support etc.
Deliver process improvement and standardization
- Develop in-depth understanding of Visa’s financial systems and processes
- Partner with process automation team to identify process automation opportunities and reduce human touch points
- Responsible for global standards in system, process and data
- Deliver Opex, Capital, Salary & Headcount driver based planning
- Demonstrate and be recognized as Subject Matter Expert (SME) with in-depth working knowledge of one or more Finance functional areas
- Partner with Change Management and champion system and process changes
Deliver Financial Internal Controls
- Ensure compliance with Financial Internal Controls and SOX control requirements as deemed appropriate. Identify, recommend and implement control improvements
- Maintain system and data access controls, participate in SOX testing as required
- Coordinate with SOX and Financial Internal Controls regarding automated controls testing and system related queries and functionalities
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Total 5-8 years of Business Analyst experience preferably supporting driver based planning and analytics.
- Solid understanding of FP&A, Controller and Procurement fundamentals and Finance data/process flows
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven success and industry reputation in building partnerships across business and IT stakeholders to deliver positive results
- Strong work ethic with commitment to customer service to various stakeholders is a must
- Hyperion and IBM Planning Analytics System proficiency, working knowledge of Oracle EBS, Ariba and Concur
- Tableau, Advanced Excel and other web-based Business Intelligence tools is preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.