Senior Director, Controllership
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Assistant Controller will work closely with the Asia Pacific Controller to help oversee Controllership function for the Asia Pacific region which includes Financial Reporting, Financial Internal Controls and Financial Stewardship. This role acts as the second in command for the Controllership area in the Asia Pacific region and provide key support in delivering the region’s key objectives especially in its efforts to transform the role of the team with the combination of Operations Support to the organization.
This role reports to the Asia Pacific Controller.
Assisting the Asia Pacific Controller in:
• Managing the rollout of key initiatives (Controllership & Ops Support team combination) across the region.
• Driving the continuous transformation efforts to reengineer and redesign overall Controllership processes with the combination of the Ops Support and the Controllership teams towards greater effective and efficient teams.
• Driving all the required changes, leading process improvements and working collaboratively with senior management, various stakeholders such as Compliance, Legal, Business and others.
• Managing the financial reporting processes and ensures that internal and external financial results are timely, accurate and in accordance with US GAAP and applicable accounting and reporting standards.
• Managing the independent financial statement audit including completion of audited financial statements and management discussion and analysis for all group entities falling under the geographies.
• Ensuring that robust controls are implemented and adhered to in line with local regulations as applicable, Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines and international best practices.
• Working with the Global Accounting Policy teams, when required, to implement new financial accounting policies and procedures.
• Working with all Country/Sub Region Controllers to ensure all Controllership objectives are met.
• Certified Public Accountant or Chartered/Certified Accountant license required and Big 4 public accounting and audit experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in a business related discipline; Advanced Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or equivalent is highly desired.
• 12 to 15 years of progress experience in audit, financial reporting or accounting operations, working in a large and fast paced multi-national commercial environment.
• Strong knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and internal control requirements; High ethical and quality control standards.
• Strong knowledge and experience with US GAAP and IFRS, along with in-depth experience in preparation of statutory financial reports and tax transfer pricing strategies.
• Ability to work well under pressure; strong problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent inter-personal skills and a proven ability to build and maintain stakeholder relationships at all levels.
• Ability to think strategically and support business objectives while effectively balancing risk/reward trade-offs.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to work effectively in a matrix management structure in a complex and diverse, international and multi-cultural environment.
• Demonstrate passion in new technologies related to finance functions i.e. automation, robotics, etc..
• Proven track records on project management
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.