Indirect Tax Director - Level 6
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an Indirect Tax Director, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Engaging, technically competent, commercially orientated team-playing individual sought to join a highly skilled, global tax team with a growing London presence. VAT advisory role with a global remit; requirement to take ownership of complex high profile indirect tax projects and assist in shaping the indirect tax strategy of the business. Reports directly to the Global Head of Indirect Tax.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Leading strategically important and technically complex VAT projects in the UK and overseas
- Assessing issues from a technical perspective and translating into pragmatic and commercial business solutions
- Providing strategic advice and guidance to the business and connecting the tax technical and commercial drivers to implement appropriate arrangements
- Challenging the status quo and initiating and establishing best practice processes across the tax team and wider business
- Actively engaging in projects related to processes and finance systems transformation, providing input from an indirect tax angle and guiding implementation of best practice
- Providing tax input into acquisitions, restructures and similar projects and implementing resulting business changes
- Managing audits, issues and controversies with relevant tax authorities
- Drive progress of tax team and business priorities
- Be able to work under pressure and be flexible in dealing with issues as they arise
- Help to shape and drive an indirect tax strategy across the global Visa business
- Lead or support business and tax authority initiatives
- Engage in effective communication with stakeholders and leadership
- Review indirect compliance filings as necessary and take responsibility for reporting indirect tax financials to the business
- Be willing to work on non-indirect tax matters as may be required
- Deliver appropriate training and guidance to the business
- Be active in working towards a best in class tax team
- Manage advisors
- Demonstrates and adheres to Visa’s leadership principles
- Ability to build credibility with stakeholders, working closely with the global tax team
- Delivers priorities to the business
- Collaborative team approach
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to be involved in team priorities outside indirect taxes
What we’re after…
- Will be CTA, ACA qualified or a qualified solicitor
- Strong indirect tax (especially VAT) technical knowledge. Financial services and overseas indirect tax knowledge experience a preference
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with a solutions based approach to resolving matters
- Able to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders at all levels and areas within the business
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- High ethical and quality standards
- Ability to effectively manage and develop people
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.