Debit Solutions Manager (Tech) M/F/Div
- Frankfurt, Germany
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
The Debit Solutions Manager (Technical) for Central Europe (CE) is responsible for designing and enabling digital and physical debit products and solutions. Germany will be the initial market focus, but it is anticipated that the Solutions Manager will also become engaged with other Visa Central Europe markets over time (i.e. Austria, Netherlands, Switzerland).
Reporting in to the Debit Solutions Design Lead, the successful candidate will need to develop key stakeholder touchpoints internally with Global and European Product and Technology teams, as well as the Strategy, Brand, Regulatory and Client support teams. Externally, the role will support account executives in pre-sales and portfolio optimisation, liaising directly with issuers, payment processors and technology partners for technical implementation of new products to ensure that Visa’s propositions remain best in class. The successful candidate will need to have a good understanding of the payments industry and key players in the eco-system, be a dynamic and independent thinker with excellent engagement, project management and communication skills.
• You will execute the Debit strategy together with the Country Manager and AEs in each market to improve market share and enhance Visa’s debit product capabilities available for financial institutions to issue to their customers
• You will be hands-on, consumer focused and able to work well with data to develop and own strategic recommendations and enhancements to debit products based on market requirements, client needs and consumer demand
• You will manage project objectives, milestones, dependencies, risks and success criteria for the design, development, implementation and launch of new debit products
• You will provide product expertise and guidance throughout the project planning and execution phases, identifying and addressing issues as encountered
• Everyone is a leader at Visa, and you will lead cross-functional project teams with significant resource requirements, risk, and complexity, sharing your subject matter expertise and acting in a mentorship capacity where appropriate
• You will act as the technical Subject Matter Expert / Product lead in rollout for new or enhanced debit portfolios
• You will develop and maintain technical product specifications and product rules documentation covering specific market (infrastructure and regulatory) requirements
• You will develop action plans and product roadmaps with the account executive and other relevant teams to accelerate debit growth, endeavouring to break down silos and work together as “One Visa”
• You will develop excellent knowledge of the payment technology space, and specifically of Visa products and services
What we’re after…
• A passion for Fintech, and in particular payments
• Significant and demonstrated product management expertise, new product development experience and project Management skills
• Exceptional communicator – effective in interacting and building relationships across all levels internally and with clients. Able to adapt communication strategies to the needs of the audience (e.g., simplifying complex technical messages)
• High energy, motivated team player, able to effectively lead across functions and teams to drive projects and key initiatives to completion
• Technical and business understanding of banking, payment processes, payment schemes, bank and acquiring infrastructure, and product implementation
• Experience enabling a bank’s current account system for payments from multiple perspectives (e.g. issuer, issuer processor, network)
• Able to understand, document and explain technical solutions to non-technical teams
• Structured thinker who can analyse complex problems and present effective solutions
• Understanding of and experience in the Central Europe Payments and Banking sector. Knowledgable of relevant regulations (e.g. PSD2) and its impact to the Central European markets.
• Strong business acumen and understanding of card issuer, merchant and acquiring businesses
• Product Launch, Go-to-market and deployment experience
• A positive and self-motivated personality with a “can do” attitude
• Educated to degree level or hold an equivalent professional qualification
• Excellent command of both written and spoken English and German
• Willing to travel within Europe
• 5+ years’ relevant industry or consulting experience in product and/or project management