Staff Software Test Engineer – Performance/Tools
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Bring your tools expertise and desire to master a continually growing suite of enterprise testing tools to lead our tool support efforts across numerous technologies, platforms, programs and user community.
In this role, you will procure, install, monitor, maintain and support an existing suite of testing tools that includes offerings from MicroFocus (Application Lifecycle Management, Performance Center, Functional Tester, Unified Functional Tester, SiteScope, Synchronizer), Parasoft (SOATest, SOALoad), Open Test Solutions/Clear2Pay, Cyara and the potential for others as deemed necessary.
Plan, coordinate, apply and validate security patches, updates, version upgrades and new extensions/features.
Provide best-in-class support for a global community of users across technologies, disciplines and experience levels.
Coordinate, implement and test Operating System, Software, Middleware and Vulnerability patches/updates across a global infrastructure.
Mentor and lead less experienced team members with tools, support processes and procedures.
Maintain relationships with multiple vendors, support, research/development and product teams proposing and reviewing additions/modifications for future releases.
Provide Performance Test Engineering services as workload/bandwidth necessitate.
Provision and configure new domains, projects and project administrator accounts
Install, configure and support new infrastructure as required
Install, configure and test next generation versions for proposed upgrades
Plan, coordinate and execute upgrades when necessary and approved
Plan, test, coordinate and execute product patches/updates when necessary
Monitor applications and systems (performance, drive space, resource utilization, downtime)
Ensure adherence to compliance, key controls and security recommendations
Document and provide training for backup and remote support resources to assist
Review monthly access reports and maintain user account directory
Provide troubleshooting assistance with firewall, server setting, application access and workstation issues
Assist with continued improvement of the performance testing process, including best practices around the Performance Center of Excellence
Maintain a common documentation library of standardized processes and procedures
Provide internal troubleshooting/training to tools users
Design and execute test plans, scenarios and scripts, related to application performance and capacity
Analyze, review and present performance results with recommendations to delivery teams and business groups
Identify and drive standards for high-quality test approach and execution parameters
Cultivate, support and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity and teamwork
Work with business representatives, IT Management, IT development, support teams and vendors to ensure on time, on budget, high quality testing deliverables
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline required; advanced degree a plus
- 8 or more years of hands-on Quality Assurance experience
- 5 or more years of hands-on Performance Testing experience with HP LoadRunner/Performance Center, including scripting, scenario creation, execution and analysis
- 2 or more years of scripting (SQL, VBScript, perl, shell, java, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate advanced technical issues both verbally and in writing to technical staff and management
- Must be able to monitor and gather system resource statistics during test execution
- Ability to translate performance requirements/specifications into meaningful and effective test scripts and scenarios
- Must be able to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet necessary deadlines
- Able to make independent judgments/decisions within established guidelines
- Advanced knowledge of MicroFocus test tool suite (LoadRunner, PerformanceCenter, Quality Center, ALM) required
- Have implemented standard processes, tools, and metrics to deliver large-scale projects from inception to conclusion that met quantifiable business objectives
- Ability, desire and motivation to learn quickly and pick up new skills
- ITIL, Quality Assurance and Project Management certifications a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.