Senior Director, Issuer Processing Client Services Lead (M/F/Div) - Level 6
- Frankfurt, Germany
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Director, Issuer Processing Client Services Lead, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
- Is part of Visa’s Client Services team; a professional services organization recognized as the Visa authority for Client operational business within Visa and the business units of Client organizations
- Has the overall responsibility for the Client operational relationships and is recognized as the Visa authority on the Clients, and the markets’ operational and processing business
- Provides functional and technical leadership for all operational activities for Clients, orchestrating cross functional delivery of systems and services to Clients; deploys client support strategies that preserve Visa and client expertise while delivering effective, efficient and consultative support and project management that aligns to Visa and Client business goals and objectives
- Provides leadership to direct-reports and cross-functional staff and management to ensure effective resolution of processing and business issues with potential of significant financial implications. Builds a strong and cohesive team by providing leadership to People Managers, Individual Contributors, and staff through coaching, setting strategic direction and applying working knowledge of Visa and Visa products, systems and procedures
- Ensures that the team provides leadership and consulting related to clients/market to internal stakeholder organizations including: Sales, Product, Systems, Risk and Legal
- Establishes and fosters relationships with Client and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff, senior and executive management. Provides thought leadership and strategic guidance during the solution development process to ensure all necessary tools, processes, procedures and staff are in place to provide outstanding client support
- Is the voice of Client Services within the European Leadership Team and champions/aligns market strategies with CS objectives and goals
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and management for a team by establishing a customer focused, performance based culture
- Directs Client Support and Implementations resources in market to ensure that all Product, Sales and Client initiatives are successfully executed and that business goals are supported in a cost effective, timely manner, with a resulting high level of client satisfaction
- Ensure the team is broadly engaged with all internal, global stakeholder organizations including CS, Sales, Product, Systems, Risk and Legal
- Support Client Sales in sales efforts, providing service standards as required for the implementation and support of market specific products and services
- Demonstrate continuous improvement of performance, cost effectiveness and compliance in delivery of support services to Visa clients
- Maintain and build rapport with Client Support teams across all other Visa geographies to exchange, learn and leverage best practices and augment with professional practices of other leading companies
- Drive creation and delivery of opportunities for optimizing Clients’ operational performance for the mutual benefit of Clients and Visa
- Provides thought leadership for matrixed CS client facing functions to ensure alignment with Sales and client/market needs
- Leverages and influences the resources within each Client Services functional, staff through business leadership
- Responsible for resource forecasting to accomplish deliverables
- Prime accountability for client satisfaction with client services and operational relationships in market
- Develops and executes operational support services deliverables in client and country account plans/strategies
- Internal and external escalation point for critical operational decisions affecting cardholder and merchant acceptance
- High effect on Visa Inc. revenue and expenses as related to client, client satisfaction and retention, client processing effectiveness, new products/services roll out and changes
- Influences decision makers at staff, senior and executive management levels within client organizations
- Drives problem and communication management for any critical issue affecting client, or client issue affecting Visa
- Key senior business leadership function within market with direct responsibility for a team of individual contributors
- Performs new product/support impact assessments required to ensure overall effectiveness of the client support organization, creating or contributing to business cases as required
- Role requires significant interaction and subject matter expertise in a number of broad areas with unique requirements across the globe (e.g. Market and Client business drivers, Product variations, business enhancement release support practices, Tools, Training, etc.)
- Requires interaction with resources at all levels of the organization, both internally at Visa and externally with the client, ranging from individual contributor project resources to senior executives
What we’re after…
- Functional experience in bankcard operations, preferably Visa, supporting highly complex clients and/or services
- Experience leading and managing a team of technical and/or professional services professionals
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders at senior and executive management levels.
- High level of success in progressive leadership roles in Client facing roles in the Payments industry
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- In depth knowledge of Visa systems including authorization & clearing systems, client connectivity, Visa Settlement Service.
- Working knowledge of payments network and processing services – message routing, STIP, clearing and settlement.
- Working knowledge of Client business drivers for their operations and processing businesses.
- Demonstrated, detailed knowledge of the full breadth of systems, products and services offered by Visa
- Customer service and client focus
- Internal and external stakeholder management
- Sales support
- Project management
- Strong oral and written communications in English required. Additional language ability in German preferred.
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Complex analysis
- Proven track record of leading and driving teams to achieve and exceed established goals and objectives.
- Executive presence
- Experience shaping and delivering professional services delivery strategy
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.