Staff QA Engineer - (m/f/div.) - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
The Global Client Test Support group defines the testing and certification of new products and services. This role works directly with internal resources, product, development and QA to identify testing requirements and solutions for applicable business test case scenarios.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations. Analyze and troubleshoot user requirements, procedures and problems to automate or improve existing systems under broadly defined practices and procedures. Work with developers in analyzing and developing process improvements for system administration/environmental build function.
The QA Engineer for digital EVS, VDP team has the following responsibilities; they must work with product, development and the IM groups to understand the enhancements, requests and possible misconfigurations to the EVS, VDP system. The focuses of this role is to; test new services, ”pipe cleaning and beta testing” build regression suites for MR / BER testing. (There are about 10 releases a year) Create and maintain the training material.
- Manage 2nd level technical support and operational customer service needs for Visa Client Institutions using one or more of the Visa supplied software products and provide reporting and portfolio management for assigned products.
- Provide day-to-day support to client institutions including response to customer inquiries related to complex web-based software applications issues or questions and ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
- Serve as escalation point for more junior team members. Provide guidance to staff on all products and services supported by the department as well as non-routine, complex issues.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve complex processing, application usage, or business issues.
- Proactively identify and own issues through resolution working with business or development groups.
- Ensure Level 1 support service levels are met or exceeded.
- Perform network / system diagnostics and transaction research to analyze and resolve endpoint problems in both the test and production.
- Understand customer needs, business requirements, and priorities. Develop solutions and recommendations based on business needs.
- Assess operational opportunities to increase service quality or efficiency and act as liaison for customers between other Visa groups, including the Product Office, Development, and Level 2 Support to act on recommendations.
- Develop tools and educate customers on software applications, usage and functionality.
• Bachelors in Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Typically requires a minimum of 5 years' experience in a QA/development role in software, financial or information services.
• Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution.
• Defines the quality space and roadmap to address it emphasizing development processes and testing.
• Serves as a quality lead for large cross-functional, cross-organizational projects, helping to define the software development processes, and scoping the test requirements. Leads other analyst in gathering test requirements and creating quality test plans for large complex projects.
• Proficiency with troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues related to web-based software applications.
• Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving.
• Proficiency providing technical and consultative support to external customers and identify business needs.
• Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity and require significant initiative and judgment.
• Proficiency of client-server networking and database management.
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
• Experience in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies.
• Knowledge in testing web technologies, services, and physical devices. Understanding of Java technologies, XML, JS, CSS, and HTML.
• Knowledge in Microsoft .NET, Java, VB and Java script programming capability.
• Knowledge in Automation Testing Tools.
• Knowledge in SQL methodologies
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.