- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Sanctions Analyst will assist in executing the sanctions program and client due diligence and acceptance program in line with stated AML / ATF / Sanctions policies and procedures. This includes the execution of ongoing alert management and operational tasks. This role will support the Director, AML and Sanctions Compliance in providing AML subject matter expertise and guidance to Visa clients and businesses.
• Manage sanctions compliance for onboarding and ongoing monitoring of Visa clients, vendors, and other entities against U.S. Treasury, OFAC and other sanctions lists.
• Responsible for sanctions alert dispositions.
• Ability to apply sanctions knowledge, research and analysis to operationalize Visa’s sanctions compliance program.
• Assist in developing metrics and reporting to identify Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Key Risk Indicators (KRI) to management and other key stakeholders.
• Ensure close communication and information sharing with Compliance colleagues.
• Participate in AML/Sanctions and Compliance team meetings.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- CAMS certification a plus.
- At least 3+ years of implementing Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Anti-Threat Finance (ATF), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOT Act, and Sanctions programs.
- Working knowledge of global AML and sanctions regulations and regulatory expectations.
- Experience conducting research and analysis involving client due diligence requirements.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Suite with advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Superior record keeping and organizational skills as well as attention to details.
- Self-motivated and adept at working independently or in a team on multiple and varied tasks.
- Ability to perform under pressure and capable of working collaboratively with employees throughout the company.
- Preparing meeting materials, including assisting with the creation of presentations, handouts and other related materials
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative professional business relationships with all levels of management, employees and outside companies
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.