Director, Software Engineering
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Director in Payment & Platform technology team, you will pave the way for our most important asset, our engineers, to deliver amazing features with highest quality. You will be working with colleagues, who will help, support and challenge you every day. You will see the code written going to production in few days and used by huge customer base including Apple, Facebook, Nike , Emirates… If this sounds exciting, we would love to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment
We expect our Director to do much more than just managing multiple teams
* Help our client to achieve their real goals by understanding the requirements and how it would help them in their business.
* Proven ability to define needs, develop plans, coordinate resources and implement action plans.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously & to resolve scheduling & other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines.
* Familiarity with budgeting, scheduling, contract and vendor management
* Experience with a variety of development methodologies and mature understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of each. Solid experience with Agile methods is a plus.
* Superior verbal, written & interpersonal communication skills with both technical & non-technical audiences.
* Experience in coaching engineers both on technical and career development
* Excellent team player, with strong collaboration skills and ability to influence cross-functional team for results
* Focus on building an efficient and collaborative team environment
* Bachelor with 12+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 8+ years of experience in Computer Science or related field
* Experience in commercial software development on Unix/Linux environment.
* 5+ years in a leadership and management role
* Understanding of architecture and operations of highly available and scalable applications.
* You have expertise of Core Java, JEE technologies, REST and container based technologies.
* You have experience in consumer facing application development experience.
* Proven track record of responsibilities as a technical lead.
* You have experience architecting solutions with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in mind
* You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together
* You have the passion to understanding people and to always striving to improve our products and services!
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.