Product Manager, API Architecture
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Product Manager in Consumer Product Architecture team, you will apply your technical and business skills to lead and execute a product initiative to enable international FinTechs, leading-edge banks and emerging market mobile wallets to create/issue, manage, and process Visa cards, and make these payment credentials ubiquitous in Visa ecosystem.
You will work with a cross-discipline team of developers and product managers to come up with a modern and developer-friendly API design, architecture, and requirements for an interactive documentation platform. To make a systemic impact, you will need to use a platform mindset (as opposed to an application mindset), to architect products that have interoperability with other Visa systems. You will need to have understanding of bank/credit program management and tokenized digital card processing. Your solutions stacks will integrate components both new and existing APIs from across Visa. As well, you will be designing an open framework to allow partner platforms to provide important processing, fulfilment, settlement, and other supporting services. Furthermore, you will need to design a scalable platform that can be effectively commercialized across many geographies, allowing for local regulatory and payment market dynamics.
You will be comfortable executing and leading a product development process that suits the problems to be solved (Agile, Lean, user-centered design etc.). You will be testing assumptions, resolving uncertainties and establishing strong product-market fit. This process will include early prototyping and gathering continuous iterative feedback from prospective clients, stakeholders and solution partners.
You have a “product ownership” attitude and be ready to do whatever it takes to integrate teams together for product launch and support. You are curious, not afraid of problems or domain areas you don’t know the answers to yet.
- Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or demonstrated equivalent technical expertise through past experience
- 5+ years of experience in Product development or management experience in any related field such as: SaaS services, FinTech, banking services/payments, mobile banking apps, card issuing/processing, credit/debit or prepaid card programs, payment networks
- Curious problem solver with a solution-oriented mindset
- Empathetic, kind, and mindful of not just your perspective but also what matters to customers, stakeholders and partner teams
- Passionate about getting things done and shipping product on time
- Able to write succinct result-oriented product requirements
- Opinionated about good software service development methodologies, developer engagement and modern, RESTful API architectures
- Expert level skills in API design, usability, and data retrieval standards such as ODATA
- Advanced skills in designing distributed systems for scale
- Experience adapting development methodologies appropriate to different stages/maturities of a product’s lifecycle
- Able to actively help prioritize deliverables for development teams
- Willingness to travel internationally, up to 25%
- Strong influence, advocacy and communication skills required as you will be interacting regularly with executive leadership across Visa as externally with clients and partners
- Experience with issuer card processing a plus
- Familiar with the level of security, privacy, compliance and associated risk-management considerations required to build highly trustworthy and reliable internet-based financial applications
- Excited to work on APIs and services that could enable global financial inclusion and more convenient, reliable payment services for hundreds of millions of people around the world
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.