Analyst, Visa Consulting & Analytics
- Toronto, ON, Canada
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Business Group Overview
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results.
We are looking for an individual to join our Canadian consulting practice. The Analyst will lead and assist in developing and delivering high impact engagements for Visa’s Canadian clients. This person will deliver initiatives to promote sustainable and profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both the preferred brand and a valued, long-term business partner.
Potential projects could include portfolio management diagnostics, assessments of digital product and marketing strategies, development of industry landscape evaluations and best practices, and optimizing client customer experience and supporting processes.
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical individual with previous strategy, consulting and /or payments experience. The role will be based in Toronto, Ontario.
On a project-by-project basis:
- You will prepare client project proposals, clarifying objectives, scope, deliverables, approach, dependencies, roles and responsibilities; draw input from client, local client relationship managers and functional teams
- Oversee project setup including contracting documentation, partner engagement, interview guides and client data requirements
- Develop fact base by undertaking client interviewing, collecting and analyzing inputs such as client data, process flows, policies, competitive, industry and environmental information
- Interrogate VisaNet and client data to conduct benchmarking, identify performance gaps and improvement opportunities
- You'll lead execution of one or more project engagements, building client relationships, utilizing governance frameworks and mitigating / resolving complex problems that emerge
- Identify solutions and recommendations that address client objectives and result in performance improvement; demonstrate relevant Visa Consulting & Analytics methodologies, frameworks and global standard methodologies
- Design and deliver compelling presentations to illustrate findings, ideas, and recommendations within consulting engagements
- You will identify and surface opportunities for client projects and submit for inclusion into account plans
- Build, develop and maintain models, contribute to IP creation and standardized Visa Consulting & Analytics offerings
- Continuously build knowledge, surface new insights and produce thought leadership pieces that contribute to practice development and global standard methodology
We are looking for bright and enthusiastic people to bring innovative ideas to our consulting practice:
2-5 years of professional experience
Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred)
Relevant depth of experience in at least one of the following areas: consulting, digital sales/marketing, consumer or small business credit card customer segments, merchant acquiring, data analytics
Superior analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor. An understanding of statistical analysis, modeling, scoring schemes, etc.
Strong detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigor in reports and data analysis
Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities
You should be self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
Experience in and real passion for the power of analytics to inform and drive strategy and tactics, and proven ability to generate insights from data
Strong commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases that prove return on investment
Strong consulting toolkit (e.g. hypothesis driven analysis & problem solving, project management skills)
Authorization to work in Canada is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.