Senior Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of our Enterprise Risk Solutions team to help design, enhance and build our transactional Fraud detection engine using the latest technologies in AI and Machine Learning in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. .
Additionally, your responsibilities will include idea generation, architecture and design, development, and testing of systems, products, applications, and services that provide VISA clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraud for VISA and VISA client payment systems. Some of the key attributes of the platform includes use of REST services API and Container based services that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable and resilient, low-latency using technology based on open standards. If you want to be in the exciting payment space, learn fast and make big impacts, VISA Fraud Platform group is an ideal place for you!
The successful candidate will be responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. The candidate will serve as a technical specialist and work independently with guidance only in the most complex situations. The candidate must have demonstrated history of designing and building systems with low-latency. They must also have a demonstrated history of thinking creatively, with a solution oriented, can-do, mindset.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit.
- Help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they respond to their business needs.
- Build partnerships with product management to make sure that the products we are building deliver real value.
- Use technologies that include Java/C++, REST, NoSQL, Docker and more.
- Analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution.
- The work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages and operating systems.
- Leverage new technologies to build the next generation of Risk Services.-You’ll lead efforts to architect, design and implement various components of our global transaction processing systems.
- Your DNA would include following and creating software best practices and processes.
- Coach and mentor your team members and help them grow professionally.
- Lead meetings and discussions with cross-functional and non-technical teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 3+ years of Software Development Experience.
- Java expert with experience in REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies.
- Strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Sonar, JUnit, PowerMock
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring.
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
- Proven experience with ability to understand the requirements and independently, architect, design and build the solutions
- As an end-end champion for your products, you will have strong debugging skills to help support our Operations teams.
- A background in the fraud detection domain is a plus.
- Knowledge of functional programming is a plus.
- Passion for Big Data and analytics in general leveraging technologies like Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.