VP, Verticals and Execution
- Miami, FL, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA), is a global team of industry experts in strategy, marketing, operations, risk and fraud consulting, with decades of experience in the payments industry. Our VCA teams offers:
- Consulting services customized to the needs of Visa clients' business objectives and strategy
- Business and economic insights and perspectives that impact business and investment decisions
- Self-service digital solutions Visa clients can leverage to improve performance in product, marketing and operations
- Proven data-driven marketing strategies to increase clients’ ROI
The VP of Verticals and Execution is responsible of Visa’s Consulting and Analytics specialized practices in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). This individual leads and oversees the Risk, Digital, Operations, and Government practices, as well as the Managed Services division, which entails de execution of VCA’s payments practice recommendation, assuring the enablement of VCA’s added-value consulting engagements and solutions for Visa clients (financial institutions, acquirers, merchants, governments, FINTECHs, among others).
The VP of Verticals and Execution also plays a key role as a senior advisor to VCA LAC Head and other global and regional executives, including design and deployment of regional/local strategies, organizational decisions and go-to-market approach with multiple stakeholders.
This person leads key regional initiatives to drive Visa Payments Consulting integration across sub-regions in LAC, by supporting the development of VCA target operating model across the region’s markets. Additionally, this individual plays a relevant role at global VCA’s leadership, collaborating with various global and regional heads.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensure that VCA becomes an “end to end” payments consulting business in LAC
- Drives VCA’s execution strategy across LAC, proactively capitalizing on regional opportunities
- Lead, manage and grow VCA specialized practices including Risk, Operations, Digital, Government, among others
- Contribute to the development of high potential teams
- Engage with clients and Visa leadership in regular strategic & planning discussions; create a deep understanding of client needs, market conditions, and industry trends and align to consulting offerings that are commercially viable
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., Marketing, Sales, Products, Risk, Innovation, Government Relations) and across regional teams to execute VCA’s strategy
- Lead the development of intellectual capital in key areas of payments strategy
- Develop industry insights and best practices to enhance consulting practice knowledge base and deliver expertise to clients through published work
- Champion Visa values and innovative DNA across the organization
- Speak in public events and with media outlets to place Visa as thought leader and market benchmark in payments, innovation, digital, client partnerships among other areas
- Accountable for meeting key metrics such as utilization, recurring business and client satisfaction
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
A minimum of 12 years of work experience
Relevant experience in: Strategy and business operations, Consulting Practice management, Portfolio life cycle and credit risk management, Digital payments and digital transformation, Operational efficiency are pluses
Strong financial acumen and understanding of profitability drivers of financial institutions
Innovation-driven mindset, digitally curious, up-to-date with digital and technology trends, FinTech/startup landscape, etc.
International experience ideally within a complex, matrix management organization. Working experience with USA headquartered companies is preferred
Fluency in Portuguese/Spanish and English MBA preferred
Critical Competencies for Success
Strategic thinking and Business Development – This executive will drive market entry strategies, increased market share and profitable growth in the increasingly competitive, complex, uncertain and dynamic environment by:
Developing market insights and anticipating industry evolution – ready to be creative to identify key strategic opportunities for growth across market segments, geographies and products areas
Generating innovative solutions to solve problems and capture opportunities
Using strong product sales, team leadership and relationship management skills, focusing on the customers and staff through regular interactions both internally and externally
Demonstrating a high level of energy, setting strategic direction and making bold decisions, having a strong sense of resilience and a keen negotiating ability with the aptitude to be the face of the business given any environment
Planning and coordinating a disparate range of Visa support services, both directly and indirectly managed, to ensure products and services are delivered
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 40% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.