Visa Rules Management, Development Analyst
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Global Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting. Global Client Services is comprised of several business units that support the structural foundation of the Visa Payments network, ensure the safety, security and integrity of the payment system and support Visa clients in the development of their electronic payments business.
The Visa Rules Management and Compliance team establishes and enforces common interoperable Visa Operating Regulations (Visa Rules), policies and standards for our products and services by which clients must operate their Visa programs. The role will be part of the AP CEMEA team managing the development of rule language, including Regional and Domestic Visa Rules, and compliance to, in support of business initiatives such as new/updated products, systems, services, programs, or other projects globally. The team also participates in and advises on impact analysis, and technical language, understanding the downstream impacts of business function sponsor proposals for new or updated products, systems services, programs or other initiatives.
This is an individual contributor role which will serve as a technical/functional specialist working independently with guidance in APCEMEA Visa Rules Management & Compliance.
- The role will help in waiver approval process including but not limited to understanding the downstream impacts and risks arising from the approved deviations, working on business case and risks mitigation, tracking and reporting. The role requires working with different Business Functions in the AP and CEMEA regions and also global teams through the process of development, review and approval.
- Ensure that all issued waivers are consistent with current Visa philosophy and all appropriate approvals are obtained as appropriate as well as ensuring all such processes are documented and all materials meet department standards of quality and are delivered to the Visa Rules Committee (VRC) for approval. The role will be communicating waiver approvals to impacted clients.
- As required, the role may also be engaged in the review or development of new requirements as part of a bigger project group and may be reviewing Visa Business News (VBN’s) prior to release
- Must manage independently the workload and setting priorities liaising with different Business functions as required based on Visa Inc. strategy and key business drivers to ensure revenue is maximized.
- The role must maintain and develop good relationships with regional offices to ensure Visa global initiatives and best practice effectively introduced across AP CEMEA.
- Bachelors/Degree or equivalent experience; Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial services, payment card, banking, processing, audit is required
- Good industry knowledge in payment products or services, transactions processing, operations;
- Visa experience or in-depth knowledge of the Visa payment system is desired
- Good communication skills (both writing and verbal)
- Ability to work with data and various technical requirements to develop business oriented solutions and execute business analysis to limit the downstream impact of decisions
- Experience gathering business requirements and translating needs into deliverables; proven project management skills is a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Visio is a plus
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently on some initiatives
- Ability to effectively work under pressure, self-challenging and adhering to tight deadlines
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.