Security Manager – India
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Serves as country security manager for Visa’s India operations – Mumbai and Bangalore offices and Mumbai and Bangalore Data Centers at time of appointment. Responsible for such Security Programs as Global Security Systems, Visa Inc.’s Key Controls, local security budget management, contract security management, emergency response procedures, and site specific procedures and processes. Position requires experience or willingness to become certified in executive protection and special event support. The position is based in Bangalore, India, may require travel, and includes interaction with Visa’s senior executives.
- Provides security leadership and operational management for country campuses including security reporting, and addresses escalated or high-risk security issues
- Supports the Office Response Teams (ORT) as an active member in coordination with the Crisis Management Team
- Recommends development and implementation of physical security policies, programs and procedures
- Supports global Security Awareness program to raise awareness of data and physical security controls
- Utilizes communication and technical skills to communicate between business and security teams
- Ensures initiatives align with department goals, and processes/procedures are maintained to meet service and quality standards
- Directs and coordinates Visa Inc.’s internal and external investigations and ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Coordinates and administers vendor relationships and contractual agreements
- Conducts global and/or regional security risk assessments and provide recommendations of corrective action to senior management
- Assists with security designs for new and existing facilities, when necessary, in conjunction with AP GSS leadership, Corporate Real Estate and Information Security
- Works with and supports initiatives by AP GSS leadership
- Functions as a Threat Assessment Professional, working with Human Resources, Business Management, Security Leadership, and Legal
- Manages contracted site security personnel and budgets
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of investigative techniques and report writing, business writing, and interviewing skills
- Customer focused and open to learning and assuming various tasksDevelops and maintains relationships with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies in Mumbai and Bangalore
- Ability to interact and communicate with senior management on security requirements and provide recommendations
- Acts as the point of contact for risk and audit matters related to security for the India campuses
- Demonstrates advanced written and oral communication skills with experience in group and individual presentations.
- Minimum of five years of law enforcement, military and/or corporate security experience
- Possess a minimum amount of 4 years in Law Enforcement or select Military roles, good conduct and honorable discharge
- Possession of relevant certifications or professional credentials a plus, such as PCI DSS, PSP, CPP
- Possess a current valid passport and driver’s license.
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree
- An intermediate level of relevant experience in corporate physical security management
- Familiarity with facility security, processes and environment as well as internal procedures to ensure compliance with policy
- Ability to liaise with internal security and business groups to ensure compliance with Visa policies, internal and external regulatory requirements, government regulations and security best practices
- Additional language skills preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.