VP, Agile Delivery
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Reporting to the SVP and Head of Product Delivery at Visa, this position will lead the transformation to agile product practices. This leader will design and implement an integrated operating model and framework that enables Visa to deliver solutions faster and adapt to changing client, market and regulatory needs. This person will work collaboratively with technology leaders to co-author the agreed model.
- Develop and implement lean portfolio management across the product organization, including consistent prioritization framework across multiple planning horizons
- Develop and execute a multi-year strategy for SAFe Agile Transformation
- Create operating KPIs as a single source of truth to provide transparency, measure progress and drive continuous improvement
- Implement new product management model to drive greater market centricity, commercial orientation and increased pipeline of innovative ideas
- Influence executives, leaders, business units, and technology teams on agile principles, values, building techniques, growth, and maintain a thriving agile organization
- Provide agile leadership coaching and training to Scrum Masters, Product Owners, functional managers, and executives
- Continuously improve operational processes to enhance consistency of delivery, improve customer satisfaction and reduce costs
- In partnership with HR L&D, facilitate organizational learning, change management, and process adoption of agile via metrics, benefits realization, outcomes, and retrospective findings
- Develop a comprehensive organizational readiness strategy, including change management at all levels
- Implement tools and processes that enable adoption of agile practices and improve collaboration
- Become a trusted partner for cross-functional leaders in Technology, Sales, Marketing, Risk, and Client Services to ensure alignment across the enterprise
- Keep abreast of new and evolving product delivery frameworks, methods, and strategies
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15 years of accelerated professional growth in leading companies with an advanced degree, with a track record of increasing levels of responsibility and accomplishments
- Experience leading agile transformation or leading product development practices in a native agile environment
- Reputation as a thought leader able to advocate a point of view, consider alternatives, and move the group to a decisive conclusion at all levels of seniority
- Experience establishing, leading and successfully completing large transformation programs that lead to measurable result
- Strong, documented evidence of effective team leadership and people development
- Experience working in both product management and product development, preferably in an agile environment
- Strong data-driven problem solver
- Proven track record of relentless improvement of practices, processes, and methods within a large organization
- Incumbent must make themselves available to speak with partners in various international time zones
- Position can be based in San Francisco or any other Visa office- travel requirements will vary depending on where the incumbent is based. This position requires the incumbent to travel for work. If Bay Area based, approximately 10% travel will be required. If based from another Visa office location, approximately 75% travel will be required
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.