Sr. Staff Software Engineer - Connex / Base24
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will help design, build and test enhancements to the Connex Advantage software on the HP NonStop Platform. You will be taking leadership roles working on multiple projects and work as an integral part of a cross-functional development team. This collaborative, team-based role will require a close working relationship with Product owners, Software Architects, Quality Assurance, Technical Writers, UI Designers and other Software Engineers.
- Design, build or maintain HP NonStop servers, using C, TAL and TACL
- Build partnerships with Product Management to ensure that the products being built deliver real value
- Code to design specifications
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and correct problems
- Evaluate code to ensure it is valid, meets industry standards and is compatible with devices and/or operating systems
- Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, and help choose solutions
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces
- Coach and mentor junior team members and help them grow professionally
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent training required
- 10 - 15 years related experience working on Connex/Efunds software required
- In depth knowledge of HP NonStop and Guardian OS required
- Knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models required
- Proven experience as a technical leader with ability to understand requirements independently and architect, design and build the solution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.