Manager, Value Added Services (Loyalty, Data Products & Client Delivery)
- Johannesburg, South Africa
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa
offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This is a solutions / product sale specialist and delivery role responsible for selling in and project managing implementation of a suite of different product capabilities (Loyalty Solutions, Data products) to enhance Visa’s client relationships with issuers, merchants, FinTechs and drive incremental profitable behaviours.
2. Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Area
• Understand market trends, client needs, the competitive landscape, and overarching privacy & regulatory environments within the SSA region
• Help identify and deliver against the needs of clients (Issuers, Merchants, FinTechs) in key SSA markets, relating to loyalty solutions, data products, benefits and consumer experiences
• Help package, sell and deliver robust consumer payment solutions for clients
Product Development and Delivery
• Drive product delivery including project management, understanding and developing consumer solutions (sometimes technical), processes and collateral, that allow the products and capabilities to be taken to the local SSA markets and delivered in a bespoke manner to clients.
• Work closely with local market teams to understand client needs and customize solutions as required
• Under the guidance of your line manager, Director - SSA Consumer Solutions & CVP, and other key functional manager i.e. Director - CEMEA Loyalty Solutions and Senior Director - Data Products, work with the Business Development and Product teams as well as other stakeholders to implement key solutions and drive revenue targets
Business Casing and Product Performance Management
• Support the creation of Business cases for new initiatives and prepare financial projections, working closely with Finance, Business Development and other stakeholders to validate assumptions
• Track the performance of solution/product implementations, launches and programs, whilst providing regular reporting and dashboards (either available or personally developed)
Business Development Support / Solutions Dissemination
• Support key business development opportunities, provide input and expertise to pitches, RFPs, deal structures, revenue forecasts and contracts
• Collaborate with key internal Visa partners - including Finance, Legal, Risk, Compliance, Marketing, Business Development, Acceptance in all activities
3. Strategic Nature, Mgmt Accountability, & Scope
• Help support, shape, update and drive the solutions/product strategy and operational plans
• Provides sales, operational and technical support to internal stakeholders and external clients
• Project manages solution implementations to achieve milestones and objectives for SSA
• Produce executive management reports, briefings and other related communications.
4. Decision Making & Complexity
• Support solution proposals and implement with clients.
• Prioritize work effort against client needs and internal KPIs.
5. Financial & Organizational Scope
• Help achieve financial targets outlined in business cases developed for the implementation of products / solutions
• Must be able to work effectively in a matrix, cross-functional organization structure and participate in cross-functional projects, especially relating to innovation, benefits, loyalty, consumer experiences, product and solution design & delivery.
6. Reporting Relationships & Interactions
• Role will be located in Johannesburg Office and has dual reporting relationship to the Director- SSA Consumer Solutions & CVP, and Director - CEMEA Loyalty Solutions
• Individual contributor role
• Interacts regularly with management in Products, Country management, Sales, etc. This individual is expected to comfortably present to and interact effectively with medium and senior Visa management and staff.
• This position will involve frequent interaction and communication with key Visa stakeholders, including financial institutions, government departments, processors, agents, merchants and vendors
• Strong interpersonal skills will be required to address on-going needs of a complex, matrix reporting structure
• Multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship management skills are essential including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
7. Key Competencies
• Strong project management skills
• Product management skills (knowledge of product lifecycle, development and implementation frameworks etc.)
• Strong analytical skills
• Systems thinking
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Solid interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a matrix organization
• Self-directed and motivated.
• Logical based reasoning and recommendations
• Service-delivery oriented
• Has an entrepreneurial spirit
• Results driven discipline
8. Required Experience (education, skills - professional/technical/business)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 5-7 years of experience spanning the areas of Product Management, Portfolio Management, Loyalty/Rewards, Analytics, Card Products & Payments
• Proven execution experience in a product management capacity, including product development and launch experience
• Strong knowledge of marketing, product management and portfolio management principles in financial services/retail banking/ payments arena
• Proven track record of successful plan execution in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to execute independently and operate successfully within a matrix/team environment
• Ability to interact effectively with external partners that include vendors, clients, government regulators
• Proficient user of all Microsoft Office products
9. Preferred Experience (education, skills - professional/technical/business)\
• Master’s degree in Business or equivalent
• Demonstrable experience in developing, launching and/or managing loyalty/reward programs and/or consumer propositions
• Project management knowledge
• Strong PowerPoint knowledge, presentation and communication skills
• Knowledge of Visa's system process is a plus
• International business experience is a plus
10. Other Comments
• This role requires moderate levels of travel across the SSA region