Senior Director, Cross Border Insights & Analytics
Visa is one of the top 50 most admired brands in the world. It is recognized as a leading employer and can be found on the lists of: The World’s Most Innovative Companies, The World’s Most Respected Companies, The World’s Most Ethical Companies, America’s Best Employers and The World’s Most Valuable Brands, to name a few.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Sr. Director, Cross-Border Insights & Analytics will be a key team member leading the Asia Pacific cross-border Authorisation Program based in Singapore. The individual will be form part of the Business Optimization function responsible for building and deploying a single source of truth on insights, facts, and reporting related to cross-border payment flows & driving strategic thinking & delivery of Authorisation Improvement program of work.
- Proactively collaborate with business leaders, regional and market leads to assess market intelligence and research needs across key corridors and markets. Develop strategy to procure and generate market level intelligence to support and inform cross-border growth initiatives.
- Produce ready-to-consume cross-border insight packages for corridor-, market-, and regional leaders including developing an “automated” process to populate insight templates with “self-serve” functionality.
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand the challenges and understand data to form an opinion on how to best help our stakeholders solve them. Balancing commercial outcomes (Revenue & Risk), Client Impacts and Competitive / Regulatory impacts. Work across our stakeholders to take insights off the paper into an executable go-to-market deliverable
- Lead the decision-making framework underpinned by data curated from Visa and external sources to drive cross-border authorisation strategy
- Coordinate with existing internally-focused reporting teams to deploy a single source of truth on cross-border. This includes: align on a common set of reports, definitions, and data sources across markets and stakeholders.
- Build and deploy capability to generate forward-looking view of opportunities, develop the hypothesis of key leading indicators of cross-border trends, gather data and conduct analysis to isolate the key leading indicators of opportunity, develop and deploy the model to continuously track and report on the leading indicators.
- Lead the management reporting dashboards/scorecards and establish cadence of reporting across different stakeholders and senior stakeholders.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 15+ years of analytical experience in financial industries; Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative field, such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, economics or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Demonstrable experience in leading others through influence; Using data as a fact-base.
- Hands on experience with manipulating and aggregating data from large data sets (industry and Visa), using SAS / SQL across multiple platforms (HADOOP) to determine meaningful insights and presenting actionable recommendations (TABLEAU)
- Experience in understanding and analyzing data using statistical software (e.g., Python, R, Rapid Miner or others).
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated analytical rigor and a significant focus on impacting ROI. Able to pivot perspectives between Visa’s B2B2C model and present a cohesive narrative. Able to tailor vision to the operating constraints of the organization
- Subject matter expert in analytics especially in areas of analytical methodologies. Strong understanding of advanced analytics techniques and emerging forms of analytics
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities, work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization, and adapt as necessary to a fast-paced work environment
- Communication skills to take highly complex statistical output and convey facts to broad audiences
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, technology is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics, NFL and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of more than 11,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.