Regional Head of Learning - Europe
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as our Head of Learning, Europe we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work
What’s it all about?
Visa University is changing the learning culture at Visa and is becoming an integral part of life at the Company where every employee and client will have access to a wealth of resources to enhance their effectiveness. We are a CEO supported start-up team within a large, global organization. We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of learners. We combine rigor, data, and subject matter expertise with intuition and common sense of what will be most effective for the business. We like to prototype, launch and evaluate. We are comfortable learning from our mistakes. Visa University is seeking a high performing leader with strong consultative skills to be the Regional Head of Learning – Europe Region. This role will lead a team of Learning Consultants and Training Delivery experts and be responsible for translating aggressive in-market business objectives into concrete strategies and learning success. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, persuasive and a business focused leader with excellent coaching and listening skills and a demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility internally and externally. Visa University is part of the Strategy organization and this role will report into the Head of Market Learning.
What we expect of you, day to day…
- Overall responsibility for building and managing regional business and client/stakeholder relationships in support of assessing organizational needs and facilitating the professional development and continuous learning of employees, leaders and external stakeholders at all levels and roles.
- Understand key business drivers and products across regional functions in order to work with clients and business leaders to identify training needs.
- Develop, gain buy-in, and ensure successful implementation of both internal and external learning strategies that align with overall regional business goals.
- Partner cross-functionally within Visa University for the design, implementation, and evaluation of programs that cultivate, engage and develop talent at all levels and roles.
- Partner with the School of Digital Payments leadership to determine regional external learning sales philosophies, goals, objectives and implement regional plans and tactics to successful achieve.
- Provide leadership and direction for a region-wide organizational team, whether direct reports and/or cross-functional partners, and vendors in understanding regional needs and executing successful solutions.
- Serve as learning champion and integrate continuous innovation into the regional culture that affirms learning best practices and common standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide continuous assessment of effectiveness of training in terms of team member accomplishments and performance.
- Monitor and establish metrics and reporting to ensure learning solutions and results are efficiently and effectively meeting the business needs of the organization.
- Act as an advisor to Regional Presidents and resource to country managers/business development leaders to build the revenue pipeline for client facing learning engagements.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Learning and Development, related discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 15+ years’ experience in a similar role with a fast growing complex operational and technology company. Digital payments background preferred.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen, preferably with experience managing a revenue generating P&L
- Expertise in talent assessment, learning and development, and organizational effectiveness is required.
- Result-oriented leader who is proactive and effective in a matrix and, collaborative team culture.
- A demonstrated track record of leading a business focused organization, including upgrading talent, motivating, training and creating a winning team.
- A strong bias for action, the ability to motivate internally and externally to support business objectives.
- Must possess outstanding consultative abilities and interpersonal skills across all levels of stakeholders.
- Proven track record of collaborating with business and functional teams to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions.
- Knowledge of adult learning best practices and training methodology; that includes trends, current learning technologies, assessment and measurement tools is preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical and negotiation skills and the ability to motivate employees to solve complex, problems across functional areas of the business.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, technology is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics, NFL and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of more than 11,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.