Consulting Analyst - North America, Visa Consulting Analytics
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VC&A) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa’s network clients, including issuers, merchant acquirers and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, Visa Consulting and Analytics solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The US Consulting Practice within VC&A provides consulting and solution services for Visa’s clients in the United States. We apply deep expertise in the payments industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth and improve profitability. The VC&A team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as improving profitability, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments and managing risk.
We are currently looking for an Analyst to support the team on strategic consulting engagements. The ideal candidate is a highly analytical individual with previous strategy, consulting and /or financial experience (payments experience a plus).
Typical projects may include:
- How does a financial institution increase market share in consumer credit cards?
- How should a credit card issuer use emerging technology to acquire the best customers?
- How does a financial institution grow their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
- How does a financial institution optimize their product offering?
- How should a credit card issuer use digital and emerging technology to acquire and retain the best customers?
- Play an integral role on a team of experienced professionals in delivering strategic consulting services to key Visa clients
- Complete consulting engagements with other team members, including participating in interviews, analyzing confidential client data, and summarizing key findings
- Conduct industry research and identify internal and external data resources to create custom analytics
- Complete detailed analysis on client data and identify preliminary trends and themes in the data
- Develop client-specific presentations which address executive needs and deliver presentations to clients and internal Visa partners
1 year of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
Previous consulting experience preferred
Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to process and summarize large amounts of data into key strategic insights
Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts - Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt
Proficient and ideally a power-user of spreadsheet and presentation tools
An interest in learning advanced analytics tools (SAS, R, Tableau, etc.)
An interest in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
An affinity for payments technology, FinTech and digital
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 25% of the time.” Additional Information
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Relocation assistance will not be provided for this opportunity
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.