Solutions Architect (Technical Project Manager)
- Denver, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
- You'll be responsible for analyzing and translating business information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives
- You'll work with application and infrastructure teams to review or produce optimal, high level designs
- You'll conduct proof-of-concept projects to validate new feature sets and 3rd party technologies
- You will analyze the current architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for
continuous improvement such as improving business processes, expanding capacity, reducing cost and increasing effectiveness
Because you already have the ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems you will also:
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work
- Interface with internal IT management leadership, technical leadership and external requestors as a strategic value-add point to improve IT for completeness, consistency, availability, satisfaction, and to deliver quality services
- Establish system requirements, designs, builds, and manage critical infrastructure deliverables while driving Technology Standards
- Utilize data-driven approaches and methodologies to reduce IT process gaps and enhance process effectiveness through automation
- Monitor the processes, policies, procedures and standards applicability, effectiveness and efficiency
- Ability to review complex processes, manage customer service and provide regular technical reports both verbal and statistical showing status of ongoing projects and goals
- Coordinate and ensure IT Disaster Recovery (Resiliency Engineering) Governance methodology are fully managed. Work with product development units within VISA to define critical, time-sensitive functions along with the associated recovery time objectives and recovery point objectives for services and applications.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree.
- Experience in a Infrastructure Engineering or software Development role for Platform Services with a preference for 3 years in a Solutions Architectural role.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Computer Science with relevant industry experience
- Preference Software development background in Java, .Net, & Web technologies supporting end user interface development
- Preference for systems administration or engineering
- Understanding of Application Architecture is highly preferable
- Proven ability to develop detailed solution designs. Understands Architecture Constructs - (Architecture & Design patterns, protocols SOAP, REST, etc.), Development Methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Demonstrable ability to deliver results with large-scale & cross-functional teams leveraging efficient processes via automation
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor; including financial modeling skills
- Expertise in information technology industry with HA & High Volume processing environments
- Superior communication (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills
- Familiar with ITIL concepts; especially Service Design and Service Orientation
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- “This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.”
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.