Senior Software Engineer (REF17269F) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Are you interesting in working on one of the most exciting domain and fast-growing space? The payment industry, in parallel with technology in general, is experiencing a period of rapid, disruptive innovation. At the same time, mobile connectivity is growing rapidly and, with it, comes the opportunity to extend financial products to the 2.5 billion people around the world who are financially excluded.
Real-time payments (RTP) is a new strategic initiative at Visa, focused on building the next generation payment network connecting, individuals and businesses with banks, fin-tech players, countries and regions with the flexibility to use a variety of payment instruments.
Part of the broader Digital and Developer Platform organization, RTP team is undergoing a major ramp-up, looking to hire the best and brightest technologists with ambition and drive to build the next generation of payment network that would further extend the reach and scale of Visa’s payment network. This is once in a lifetime opportunity and you feel excited about joining and leading the revolution- come join us!
- Be part of a small team of go getters in an agile model
- Design and build new functionalities that will evolve to be the next generation real time payment system components
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related Engineering degree.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Must have a good understanding of building scalable and highly performant systems
- Self-motivated and drive for excellence, must love coding – hands-on technical skills
- Experience in development in an agile model.
- Development experience in web-related technologies such as Web Services in REST, as per REST Principles.
- Experience with Java8, SpringBoot, Core Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Integration, Hibernate/JPA, JDBC, XSD, CXF, Jersey, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, Tomcat, Oracle/MySQL.
- Experiences with the entire software development lifecycle including version control using Git, build process, CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Kubernetes containerization, Functional testing framework, and code release.
- Experience with Agile and Test-driven development methodologies.
- Must have a strong Java background and a passion to learn new software technologies.
- Development experience in technologies like AngularJS, ReactJS and NodeJS is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively up, down and across so that your ideas are heard.
- Passion for exceeding expectations and delivering exceptional code.
- Must have strong work ethic.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.