- Austin, TX, USA
More About Visa:
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The O&I Infrastructure and analytics team provides data analysis and support for how assets are utilized and managed to inform Technology strategic decisions. The team focuses on projects that
protect Visa's core business/brand, deliver cost efficiencies and increase corporate effectiveness through standardized project management and agile practices and decisive leadership.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3 or more years of work experience or
- More than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree
- PMP/CSM certification is preferred
- Concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline and/or an MS/MBA is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally as needed
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically
- Ability to analyze and organize a plan based upon available information
- Ability to influence, without direct authority, so as to achieve necessary goals
- Financial services and card payments experience is a plus
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex organization where the ability to discover and internalize diverse stakeholder goals is critical to brokering solutions that are in the best interest of Visa as a whole
- Independent judgment and mature decision making skills to deal with Technology Office projects that often have enterprise-wide scope and may have significant cost and time-to-market impacts
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when needed
- Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies, and best practices
- Manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of large scale projects, cross-divisional highly complex projects in a fast-paced, dynamic, matrixed environment. Drive projects from concept to implementation
- Project deliverables may include internal systems or 3rd party developed systems and could include the integration of external solutions
- Project teams generally comprise of geographically disbursed members from multiple IT and Business teams
- Direct project activities, conduct reviews, manage risk mitigation, issues, project schedule and change control processes
- Identify and manage dependencies across the Information Services portfolio
- Achieve project goals by engaging effectively with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including Technology Office architects and strategists, technical subject matter experts in the Global Systems development groups and Global Operations, business partners, vendors, and Visa senior management
- Ensure that all projects are in compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls
- Accurately forecasts resource utilization and manages project budget effectively
- Work with business and technology subject matter experts to define scope, create accurate and inclusive estimates, develop budgets and project plans, and produce Project Charters and other documentation needed for funding approvals
- Grows long-term relationships with clients and capitalizes on partnership opportunities
- Communicate project issues and risks in a manner suitable to the audience of technical team, stakeholder and senior management
- Demonstrate skills in conflict management and negotiation to achieve project goals and develop trust with stakeholders
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- “This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.”
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.