Director, Software Engineering (Digital Marketing Experience)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Digital Marketing Experience Team is looking for a passionate engineering leader with strong technical skills and complete understanding of the agile development process. The candidate will be visionary, highly adaptable to the team strategy, and passionate about code quality and innovation. They will lead engineers to deliver programs, while also being involved in activities driving POCs, design, documentation, development and testing.
Candidates for this role will have more than 10-12 years of experience in software development at large product/engineering focused companies. A background working in an internet services, ecommerce, digital, website development environment, or mobile technology platforms is highly desirable. They should have experience in an Agile environment, including standups, release and sprint planning, reviews, demos and retrospectives. They should also have experience with unit, integration, and regression testing. They will also have experience ensuring products adhere to architecture standards, risk management standards, and security policies. They must demonstrate a strong competency in helping to create and sustain an enterprise wide environment that fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth and innovation.
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- More than 10-12 years of relevant experience (e.g., software development/functional leadership, running multi-functional teams, etc.).
- Experience supporting live applications and managing business critical technical functions and SLA compliance.
- Must have working experience building high volume and large scale distributed systems.
- Consistent track record of hiring and managing top talent, including software engineers.
- Familiarity with agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and customer relations skills
- Ensure “operational excellence” capabilities (usability, availability, resilience, security, etc.) are assessed, planned and built into the platform.
- Ensure platform meets security compliance criteria at all times
- Identify and implement opportunities in the platform that will drive improvements in performance, scalability, reliability and re-usability.
- Drive down technical debt and cost of operations/support.
- Manage prioritization and delivery of enhancements and bugfixes on platform
- Publish operational metrics for incidents, requests, change etc
- Ensure process for incident management, change management and problem management
- Work Collaboratively with upstream systems support team to ensure manage dependencies and resolve operational issues
- Propose, plan and execute technology sponsored projects for upgrade, technology migration etc
- Identify and deliver on QA automation opportunities and improve throughput of team
- Hire, train, coach and grow a high-performing, cross-functional team.
- Technologies & Platforms which this role will interact with: Visa.com (AEM, Angular, Java/Springboot, Docker, Nginx), AB Testing, Analytics
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.