Test Engineering Director
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The CyberSource Risk and data team is looking for talented Director of Test Engineering with a passion for Quality and Engineering Improvements. You will lead larger team of test engineers focused on delivering highest quality product in fastest possible way. You will drive process change, innovation, test engineering improvement and tools to enable rapid development. You will also advise Senior Test Management/Product Development staff on the quality and risk of features being released, and you will actively collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product, Program Management, Development, Service Delivery/Operations, and Customer Service to coordinate and implement cross-project Test Engineering and Development initiatives.
- Own full stack quality across multiple applications, features, and technology initiatives.
- Test Engineering point of contact for senior leadership stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Create high-level test engineering team goals and action plans to align with overall Product Development objectives.
- Emulate strong management and leadership principles with the capacity to engage, motivate, mentor and coach test engineers distributed across various geographical locations.
- Communicate and adapt presentations to a wide range of audiences regarding goals, planning process, project initiatives, team innovation and results.
- Implement, gather and report team/project metrics to track business value
- On-board high caliber test engineers within planned budget and timeline.
- Accountable for the quality of test activities during the release of products to production.
- Act decisively and remove impediments for the test team
- Partner with Test Lab, Release Engineering, Performance, Security and Release Management to complete overall test engineering initiatives and resolve impediments.
12+ years of experience in Computer Science (BS or MS) or related field
- Should have 5+ years of experience in Test Engineering Management with at least 2-3 years of experience in a Senior Manager capacity.
- Team/Service-oriented ability to lead and manage large size test/scrum teams
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of software quality assurance, modern testing processes and methodologies.
- Technical proficiency and hands-on experience with Restfull API, Backend systems, & Platform Development technology.
- Proven track record of engineering excellence and improving organization efficiency.
- Experience with static analysis and code coverage tools.
- Experience implementing CI/CD.
- Experience leading a test engineering team in an agile environment
- Must be comfortable presenting and speaking to large groups of people & Sr. Leadership team.
- Knowledge or experience of financials/payments industry is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven leadership in people management, mentoring and helping career growth of engineers, creating leads across teams and empowering team with constantly raising the bar.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.