Staff Software Test Engineer, Open VisaNet
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Visa is looking for Staff Software Test Engineers, who will help build Open VisaNet, Visa's Next generation payment processing platform developed on Open Systems, that would fuel growth in electronic payments globally and drive financial inclusion in many parts of the world.
Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective and distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa's Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions and provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. It is built as a modern distributed architecture based on micro services with goals of five 9’s availability, fault tolerance, horizontal scalability and real time latency for largest scale transaction processing. Open VisaNet leverages state of the art Open Software technologies to achieve these goals on commodity hardware, such as Go, Scala, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Docker, Kubernetes, Aerospike, Elasticsearch etc. and involves collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, systems performance engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts, infrastructure and solution architects.
- Participate in design discussions and implementation of highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed components using functional programming paradigm, APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems.
- Collaborate with product and software developer teams to establish Certification for production release, automation of End to End use cases, and develop collaboration tools to improve Quality.
- Collaborate with team to build performance test suite. Run simulations with high throughput workload, analyze performance simulation results to fine tune component design and implementation
- Maintain and/or develop automation tools/frameworks to to automate functional and regression test scenarios. Execute and confirm automated test during certification cycles
- Develop test scripts, test conditions, input test data, and expected results for one or more test plans in a development cycle by analyzing the Functional Specifications and Business Requirements.
- Manage all communications related to QA Status on a daily basis during execution. Reporting potential risks during all any stages of development lifecycle.
- Establish quality process to ensure software quality in a continuous integration environment
- Work with the development team to resolve any issues that arise out of the testing process.
- Work across the team to ensure the team is predictable, productive, and delivering high quality.
- Ensuring adherence to the company's software testing processes and policies
- Retain Audit compliance while supporting end users during their testing cycle. Provide daily updates on the QA activities in scrum calls.
- Strong internal customer relationships are essential and this position will work with Business Partners, internal staff, external vendors and system integrators on a daily basis to ensure quality assurance is performed in alignment with global initiatives and requirements across the enterprise Offshore-Onsite co-ordination with the teams.
- BS or MS in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience in design and development of large scale information products and services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive Experience and understanding in leading QA process.
- Extraordinary software engineering talent.
- Experience with Unit, Acceptance, Performance, Non-functional test, Certification test lifecycle, BDD/TDD methodlogy.
- Experience in API based test automation frameworks – Cucumber, Selenium, Gherkin, etc.
- Good Knowledge in executing automation scripts on Continues Integration (CI) tool like Jenkins.
- Knowledge of functional programming languages like Go Lang, Scala, Erlang, Haskell, Clojure, or the ability to learn them quickly.
- Experience with distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a big plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of VISA business and Payment applications preferred.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.