Business Development Leader, Merchant Sales & Acquiring Indonesia
- Jakarta, Indonesia
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Indonesia Merchant Sales & Solutions team is responsible for the short and long-term growth of merchant acceptance for Visa’s existing and new Digital products and services. The team is focused on scaling the contactless acceptance, increase ecommerce penetration, deepen the under penetrated segment & geography and enabling a cashless market, in conjunction with Indonesia Acceptance Program (IAP) as well as Visa funded initiatives. The team will achieve its success through working with and through its acquiring partners, key merchant partners and the technology firms driving innovation in the market place.
The MS&A Business Development Leader is responsible for increasing the merchant sales volume, acquiring revenue and other acceptance indicators by working with various parties including: Visa licensed financial institutions (acquirers), key merchants, payment facilitators, digital wallet operators and payment gateway providers. The primary focus will be to take ownership of the business relationships with key acquirers and merchants through sales efforts aimed at ensuring that the objectives of acquirers and merchants is met while growing the Visa business.
More specifically, the role encompasses management of merchant acceptance matters, which involves creation of compelling value propositions for acquirers and merchants to:
- Drive the enablement and deployment of Visa Contactless and MPOS to deliver the Future of Payments in Indonesia and improve the POS experience for cardholders / merchants; ultimately growing electronic payments.
- Manage partnerships with key acquirers through cross-selling of Visa acceptance products / solutions as well as managing the day-to-day relationship
- Provide support to acquirers in developing and executing their go-to-market strategy especially for Contactless terminal growth, MPOS and eCommerce related initiatives.
- Build direct relationships with key merchants, identify strategic opportunities for Visa’s capabilities and develop account plans with the objective to drive incremental business and volume
- Build and manage relationship with related acquiring parties including payment facilitators, payment gateway providers and terminal vendors, with the objective to support Visa Acquirers and Merchants.
- Negotiate business contracts with acquirers and merchants, and related acquiring parties including payment facilitators, payment gateway providers or digital wallet operators to achieve business goals
- Work with cross-functional teams (both internal and external) to provide merchant centric products and solutions to increase merchant preference for Visa and create business opportunities
- Bachelor Degree preferably in business management or a related field
- High level of English language proficiency in formal business communication (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of the payments industry with 10 years plus experience in the payments industry (Issuing and Acquiring) is preferable
- Good knowledge of the acquiring landscape, EMV/NFC technologies and Digital Innovation in the markets, and also deep technical knowledge about merchant POS system, terminals, PGs
- Have relationship with many stakeholders that related Acquiring Business (key merchant partners, payment facilitator, payment gateways, terminal provider, etc) is preferable
- Have strong analytical thinking, problem solving and persistence
- Strong negotiation skills and a solid track record in Sales/Business Development
- The ability to working with other functions, manage conflict and maintain positive relationships with clients at all times