Director Implementations - B2B Connect
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Global Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting.
This role is an individual contributor at an advanced support staff level and is responsible for applying independent judgment in resolving issues and making recommendations.
This is a Director position that provides tactical support to financial institutions and partners for Visa B2B Connect product. As a Director, you will be part of the Business Solutions Implementation team requiring a high level of interaction and collaboration with business and technical leaders across the company. This role is responsible for directing complex implementation management and business leadership (plan, direct, coordinate and lead activities, etc.). This role serves as a subject matter specialist, works independently, and provides direction to Visa clients and their partners. B2B Connect will provide a variety of implementation options from API integration to batch file processing. As such, it is highly desirable for this candidate to have familiarity with SFTP and similar connectivity as well as experience with API implementations. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision.
- Build relationships with Visa client institutions and act as a liaison to internal Visa groups to create strategies to make valuable contributions and enhance relationships
- Lead the implementation of Visa B2B Connect using Project Management Methodology best practices and skills.
- Lead activities for Visa B2B Connect applications and platforms; including establishing clear project plans, status and expectation setting for technical migration activities.
- Provide technical expertise to structure an effective implementation.
- Build strong customer relationships with the ability to simplify complex problems to support business needs.
- Continuously monitor progress, customer feedback, and provide status updates and project milestones to the project team, senior management, the client, and banking partners, via weekly or other progress reporting, and by managing status meetings.
- Prepare and maintain detailed project plans with risk/mitigation plans and issue logs to enhance external and internal communications.
- Create and maintain necessary internal and external implementation documentation and forms.
- As a subject matter expert, acquire and maintain a deep understanding of supported services to train customer and internal stakeholders.
- Proactively identify opportunities and implement recommendations to increase service quality and/or efficiency.
- Require minimum guidance on execution, be responsible for own work assignments and take the initiative to resolve issues and meet deadlines.
- Responsible for accurately recording project progression within a CRM system.
- Requires a minimum of 10 years progressively responsible experience in customer service or technical support role in financial services, payment card, software or information services industry with a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience (at least 8+ years) in project management.
- Experience with Cash management solutions, domestic and international fund transfer is required.
- Must be able to understand technical documents such as client facing guides and/or messaging specifications
- Ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical resources.
- Strong ability to multi-task, organize, manage, and implement complex projects with minimal oversight.
- Good presentation and communication skills. Comfortable to present to C-suite and senior management, speak to technical material in layman terms and lead product demonstrations.
- Needs to be able to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines and manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex technical terms or processes into business language.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrated expertise in using standard MS Office tools (e.g., MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.).
- Confirmed abilities in negotiating with and influencing clients and staff at all levels as well as the ability to successfully handle contending priorities while serving as a positive influence across the organization
- Excellent time management, organization, and planning skills
- Ability to comprehend and translate complex technical issues and apply business solutions
- Demonstrate success in client relationship management
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines
- Demonstrated understanding of the payment and data processing industries including industry trends and high-level business drivers
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization to figure out business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- Knowledge in SWIFT (i.e. MT103), JSON, XML, and ISO message formats a plus.
- Knowledge in secure communication protocol such as SFTP, FTP/S and HTTPS.
- Knowledge in application programing interfaces (APIs) gateways.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus: able to read, write and speak Spanish and/or Portuguese proficiently
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This position requires incumbent to travel for work 20% of the time.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.