Manager, Talent Management CEMEA (open to locations in CEMEA)
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how
Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The CEMEA HR team is focused on accelerating development and building talent management practices that enable our employees to grow, develop and contribute to organizational success and scale around the world. This is an incredible opportunity to help build the future talent of our business by creating and executing scalable strategies to identify, develop and mobilize employees across levels.
As a Manager of Talent Management, you will drive strategic enterprise-wide initiatives that have a real impact on advancing Visa’s CEMEA talent trajectory to meet the demands of our fast-growing, changing business.
Be a subject matter expert on talent management; contributing to the vision, pragmatic program management, and innovative programs that will enable the identification and growth of talent
Partner with the global talent management team to rollout critical talent management initiatives and process. You will also be the regional lead for global initiatives such as:
Talent Review including potential identification and succession planning
Monitor the development of high-potential and succession talent by ensuring that development plans are in place and progressing
Employee engagement survey and action planning
Performance cycles including goal setting, mid-year and year-end performance reviews
Embedding strategies to enhance career development
Building out a diversity and inclusion strategy to ensure that we have a strong diversity in our leadership pipeline
In addition to localizing the global priorities above, you will also be responsible for ensuring that regional priorities were factored into design; and effective deployment in region including developing and delivering regional support strategies
Be a trusted adviser to regional HR business partners, business leaders, and talent acquisition to ensure alignment and collective progression towards our talent management goals. For e.g. partner with:
Regional CEMEA leaders and HRBPs to understand key talent needs – and bring forth innovative and agile solutions
Talent Acquisition to drive internal mobility and ensure key talent is prioritized for critical positions and proactive identification and sourcing of external potential successors
Learning and leadership development in region to surface key talent gaps and curate innovate and focused learning solutions to close gaps
HRBPs to roll out any key changes or new talent management initiatives
Communications to drive a culture of continual talent management
Have strong project management skills:
Manage programs end-to-end; create clear program vision, plan, timeline, stakeholder maps, communications plan and enablement of partners
- Expert HR professional and/or management consulting experience in developing and leading Talent management programs from strategy to implementation in a large, global, matrix environment
- Experience in designing and implementing scalable solutions including assessment, capability/competency modeling, talent review and high-potential talent development is essential.
- Ability to develop relationships and partnerships (internal/external) across all levels of the organization, exhibiting strong leadership and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in driving strategy implementation in a large complex organization
- Demonstrated analytical skills and an ability to make the complex simple
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams, building strong relationships with stakeholders
- Expert consulting and presentation skills.
- Successful experience working in diverse cultural environments and regions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Exemplifies Visa’s leadership principles