Chief Systems Architect - Data Product Development, Cybersecurity
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Data Product Development team is looking for a Cybersecurity Architect who has a mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen. The role requires both broad and deep technology and information security industry knowledge, with the ability to architect solutions by mapping customer business and security problems to Cybersecurity solutions for Data Pipelines, Data Platforms, Data Engineering, Data Science and AI & Machine Learning/Deep Learning.
The Cybersecurity Architect should have demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to agility, business value and end to end information technology security is a must. The Cybersecurity Architect needs to be able to lead or influence teams across Data Products Development. They will manage, lead and engage the complete lifecycle for large Cybersecurity projects. This includes managing multi-phase/multi-dimensional/multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining high customer satisfaction. The role requires an individual who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree with 15+ years of work experience or an advanced degree with 12+ years of experience
- Considerable expertise or experience in at least one of following security domains Threat Modeling, SAST, DAST, Offensive Red Teaming or Penetration Testing, Authentication & Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Vulnerability Management, Data Security or Cryptography
- Understanding/Knowledge of global frameworks and standards like NIST, FIPS, GDPR, DFARS etc.
- Broad background in information security tools, concepts and issues across a broad range of technologies.
- Expertise in Software and Application Security Concepts with the ability to conduct code reviews.
- Experience in conducting a wide variety of penetration testing activities such as network penetration testing, web application penetration testing, wireless penetration testing and some user awareness (social engineering) testing.
- Reverse Engineering, specifically Reverse Engineering Malware
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and common protocols such as SSH, HTTP/S, SMTP, RDP, DNS, S/FTP, DHCP, CIFS/NetBIOS, LDAP, or SNMP
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu)
- Experience in at least one development language, such as Java, C/C++, Python, or Shell Scripting
- Demonstrated engagement and contributions to the cybersecurity community is a plus
- Technical certifications (CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, GPEN, GCFE, CCNA, CCNP) are a plus
- Familiar with secure software design and architecture
- Support the Data Product Development organization by providing cyber security architecture mentoring, direction, guidance across multiple programs.
- Assist programs with software and hardware solutions that add resiliency to Data Product Development platforms.
- Lead a team of engineers in developing Data Products Development cyber capabilities.
- Strengthen the team by utilizing your expertise in Linux, RHEL, Ubuntu, Solaris, Active Directory, Python, Shell Scripting, and Embedded Software Applications.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law