Staff Software Engineer (REF18268X) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Developer Platform is dedicated to exposes Visa's capabilities to external developers. We are a multi-disciplinary team engaged on multiple fronts…
· As a Staff Software Engineer within Visa Developer team, you will take a “subject matter expert” role in the design, build, and enhancement of key modules of our API onboarding platform. Utilizing your expertise, you will fulfil the role of design lead and will be responsible for driving technical strategy with dev lead.
· The scope of this role extends beyond core software development; you will be the owner of the new features design, build and implementation.
· Participate and invest significant time in development of new capabilities
· Assist with architecture for new capabilities in the system
· Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities
Provide feedback to influence the team’s roadmap and strategy
· MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· 7+ years of Application design and development experience
· Solid CS fundamentals
· Full stack development experience (either Frontend or Backend expertise)
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming language
· Self-motivated and drive for excellence
· 7+ years of experience in enterprise application development
· Must have a good base in building scalable, reliable and highly performant systems
· Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.