Staff Software Engineer -- SRE
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We dream of a future where it's easy to pay and be paid. Across the planet. Wherever. Whenever. Securely. Easily. We have a great toolbox of flagship technologies including CyberSource and Authorize.Net. Together, we are building leading edge, full-service Payment Management solutions combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
The Site Reliability Engineering team is looking for a talented Engineer to be part of Merchant and Acquirer Processing in Bangalore, India.
This Engineer will be expected to build in-depth expertise on the 24*7 systems of MAP that support our merchants. This expertise is essential in order to support issues within SLAs for established issue priorities, fix issues, working closely with development and product to improve the overall development process, and build and test next-generation monitoring tools to reduce mean-time-to-detect issues. Additionally, this engineer will build tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency and productivity of the team.
This role has on-call responsibilities.
- 7+ years of experience in Software Development or Test Engineering, with hands-on experience in at least one technology stack, preferably Java and other related technologies.
- Professional work experience in highly scalable web services. Exposure to containerized micro-services architecture and stacks is a big plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, and implementing major components for large projects.
- Understanding of Disaster Recovery methodologies is a plus.
- Experience working with Agile teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools like Splunk/Keynote/Graphana is a plus.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering; a Master's degree is a plus.
- Experience working in past-paced 24*7 environments is key to this role.