Sr. Director, Visa Consulting and Analytics - Consumer Credit Practice Lead
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VC&A) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa’s network clients, including both financial services and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, Visa Consulting and Analytics solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The US Consulting Practice within VC&A provides consulting and solution services for Visa’s largest issuers in the United States. We apply deep expertise in the payments industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth and improve profitability. The VC&A team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as improving profitability, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments and managing risk.
The Sr. Director will play a key leadership role across the VCA North America team. As the head of the Consumer Practice, they will have responsibility for building client relationships with Visa’s largest partners, sales of practice led projects, and enhancing our consumer work across the US and Canada. This role will report to the head of VCA North America and requires cross-regional collaboration with peers across the global VCA organization.
We are looking for highly motivated, strategic, analytical individuals who will develop and deliver strategic client engagements. The incumbent must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with clients and across the Visa organization.
Specific key responsibilities include:
- Practice oversight of over $20MM in consulting engagements with direct management of $5MM in strategic engagements
- Develop and enhance client relationships
- Collaboration across the VCA team in the US and Canada
- Lead project pitches and fulfill the pre-sales role (in coordination with respective Account Executives) to secure new business as well as ‘re-engagement’ opportunities
- Identify opportunities to expand scale or scope of initiatives to increase their impact and effectiveness beyond their original intent
- Provide subject matter expertise for Visa Consulting in the area of consumer credit and debit
- Proactively engage with clients and Visa client leadership in
regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate and manage a pipeline
of work with clients
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that
effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., marketing,
analytics, risk, innovation) and across global regional teams to execute
projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Produce insights and analyses to improve client performance,
drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance for client
priorities across the payment P&L
- Where employee is a subject matter expert, provide knowledge
sharing, coaching and training across functional teams and/or regions
We are looking for individuals with banking, payments and consulting expertise to provide analysis and strategic thinking to shape the services we deliver to clients, lead consulting engagements and develop actionable and scalable insights and solutions.
The ideal candidate will have payments and management consulting experience.
- Substantial problem solving ability with strategic focus on
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to
handle numerous projects concurrently
- Executive Presence including excellent communication and
presentation skills, written and verbal and ability to communicate at all
levels within large organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership, managerial and collaboration capabilities, particularly with those who are not direct reports as may be found in a matrixed organization
- Experience in managing teams in execution of projects and career mentorship.
- Holds self and others accountable for measurable high quality, timely and effective results. Displays a strong commitment to organizational success
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Experience in several key issuer business areas, such as portfolio management, marketing, product management, operations, risk management, for both credit and debit cards
- Understanding of card issuers' P&L and critical factors in driving profitability
- Ability to influence and negotiate with senior executives
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelors Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- MBA or post graduate degree strongly preferred
- Experience in or in-depth knowledge of financial services is strongly preferred, ideally with a deep understanding of cards and payments. Technology sector experience would also be desirable
- The ideal candidate will have payments and management consulting experience.
- Have a proven track record of delivering high impact results working on projects in the areas of corporate strategy, growth initiatives and new market/segment/business strategies?
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 25% of the time
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.