Head of AML - Level 6
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as the Head of Anti-Money Laundering, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Responsible for leading, managing and implementing the delivery of regulatory compliance and enforcement processes across Visa Europe for Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions, working closely with the Global team to align, design and develop new effective and efficient requirements including processes, procedures and training. The role also includes responsibility for MLRO duties in Europe.
What we expect of you, day to day.
This role is responsible for managing regulatory Global compliance programmes for Europe, in respect of Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions, including carrying out MLRO duties across Europe and includes the following requirements.
- Leads and manages a team of AML managers, contractors and analysts and developing their AML Compliance knowledge and on-going education
- Responsible for carrying out the MLRO duties in Europe, including working with the regulators including the National Crime Agency.
- Responsible for overseeing alignment of Europe’s AML/ATF and Sanctions compliance processes with global policy and processes.
- Lead and manage the execution of Visa's AML/CTF and Sanctions Programs for European clients and countries consistent with Visa's Global AML/CTF and Sanctions Policies and procedures
- Provide subject matter expertise, training and outreach to the business functions in Europe in order to continually educate staff on AML/CTF and sanctions risks, issues and processes
- Promote and embed a culture of compliance across Visa Europe, particularly in AML/ATF and Sanctions
- Lead on internal and external AML/ATF and Sanctions compliance investigations
- Develop and maintain effective relationships between the Regulatory Compliance team and other parts of Visa Europe and Global, particularly those involved with products supplier on-boarding or incentives where there is AML or sanctions risk.
- Conduct AML/CTF assessments of new products and services to identify and mitigate risks
- Participate in the management and ongoing enhancement and development of the Global AML/CTF and Sanctions policies and procedures as necessary to ensure changes in the regulatory and the business environment are addresses
- Lead and Manage onsite client reviews conducted by Visa and/or by third parties as part of enhanced due diligence activities
- Administer non-compliance measures if required including suspending and termination of clients.
- Participate in the enhancement and development of global systems in support of AML, CTF and Sanctions Program implementation
- Promptly and accurately prepare and deliver scheduled AML/CTF reporting on Program and workload status and highlight emerging issues. Prepare ad-hoc reports and presentations as required
- Develop strategy to deal with new product and emerging market risks.
- Support internal audits and regulatory requests, ensure satisfactory resolution of any audit findings and recommendations
- Work with the Regulatory Compliance Director and other area Leaders to make Compliance a “North Star” for employees.velop, manage and implement an AML/ATF training for VE, aligning with Global and using best practice.
- Partners with colleagues to identify the options for achieving business strategy and objectives within applicable compliance framework and partner with business to drive effective and efficient solutions.
- Deputise for the Director of Regulatory Compliance as required
- Responsible for defining strategy, oversight and delivery of business education on policy requirements, including delivery of localized European training tailored to the specific market and job functions.
- Responsible for oversight of and approval of review and input into annual AML risk assessment in collaboration with Global and European Legal team, to ensure the necessary actions arising from it are completed and aligned with Europe risk management reporting requirements (Europe Risk Committee, Risk, Audit and Finance Committee).
- Responsible for oversight of compliance management in assisting the business to build out their First Line of Defense (FLOD) to ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements, that risks are being adequately managed and that the business is in compliance with company policy.
- Responsible for oversight and management support in designing, implementing and approval of second line of defense (SLOD) in consultation with global compliance team and first line of defense stakeholders.
- Responsible for the design, implementation and approval of effective management information and reporting, including but not limited to, local and global dashboard and metric reporting on compliance findings for all relevant internal compliance.
- Responsible for leading the proactive identification and evaluation of emerging regulatory trends, laws and principles of practice in markets of operation, including monitoring and enforcement, and proactively coordinating with Regional Compliance Officers, the business and Legal contacts to enhance programme and ensure adherence with relevant regulatory obligations.
- Leading and developing a team and managing talent effectively.
What we’re after…
- An appropriate business, risk management, forensic, legal or auditing qualification (e.g. MBA, etc.), or hold equivalent professional experience.
- Ability to lead a team, provide strategic direction and develop team and business opportunities.
- Ability to work independently and with proven senior stakeholder management expertise.
- A sound understanding of all Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations including those in the US.
- A sound understanding of investigation practices and evidence practice.
- A sound understanding of risk management, compliance and corporate governance issues.
- Proven ability to manage human resources, third parties and processes by possessing strong interpersonal, negotiation, resource management and commercial skills.
- Budget planning
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills for a forensic level.
- Strong communications, interpersonal and presentation skills.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.