Country Manager, Central Asia
- Almaty, Kazakhstan
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 65,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access
to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how
Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Leadership of Visa business within Central Asia markets. Responsible for setting and directing business strategy, objectives and plans for the markets. Accountable for volume and revenue targets, optimize resources to achieve these.
Leadership of client sales function; management of team to achieve agreed corporate objectives. Work with other divisional and department heads to ensure their departments best support business development opportunities. Take lead in maximizing cross functional working, ensure maximum cooperation, liaison and communication across teams.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Area
- Develop and execute the sales strategy in Central Asia markets in the context of the overall strategy for CEMEA and Visa Inc. Setting and directing business and client strategies, objectives and plans for the market.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, regulators, governments and other key external parties in order to drive sales activity.
- Provide sales leadership and management to direct reports. Ensure their sales activity continues to strengthen and enhance Visa’s market position.
- Ensure maximum cooperation, liaison & communication across sub-region and functional departments. Work to ensure alignment of goals, targets, resources and operational plans.
- Work with functional heads to ensure they best support sales opportunities and likewise, ensure sales teams properly support key functional activity. Ensure global initiatives are appropriately supported.
- Provide leadership and direction for all country priorities and all corresponding requirement on resource allocation.
- Plan and develop Visa business in market to meet or exceed targets established through the Regional planning process, within allocated budgets. Focus on achieving business targets through growing the existing business and through identifying new business opportunities and introducing and implementing new products and services. Monitor business results of individual banks and anticipate challenges and take proactive measures to accomplish country targets.
- Develop, maintain and cultivate close relationships with decision-makers and senior management of banks, Governments, Central Banks and partner companies and assist them become more successful by using Visa products and services.
- Work in partnership with CEMEA and Visa Inc. signature accounts teams, ensuring their deliverables are defined and aligned with those of the sub-region.
- Work with functional heads to ensure their departments best support sales capability within the sub-region.
- Develop and maintain relationships with financial institutions and central banks and national banking associations, be aware of their views on development of banking and financial services industry.
- Represent Visa by speaking at conferences and business meetings and undertake media/public relations activities in the area, to shape perceptions of the corporation.
- Attract, develop and retain outstanding talent. Ensure appropriate succession planning is in place within key roles. Engage with departmental and divisional heads to maximize staff engagement.
Strategic Nature, Management Accountability, & Scope
- Lead, manage and engage in:
- Monitor the development of banking and financial services industry, analyze trends and understand factors affecting current and potential business results of Visa.
- Develop country strategies, country plans and key account plans by integrating and setting priorities based on information about the markets, bank’s business plans, Visa priorities and competitors’ activities. Identify success factors for progressive and dynamic business growth, develop and implement business development strategy accordingly, develop tactics and define actions to achieve defined goals. Ensure that plans are developed with, understood and shared by specialist divisions within Visa.
- Work closely with other department heads to ensure consistency and shared objectives. Ensure that cross-divisional teams are aligned and briefed about banks’ and business partners’ environment.
- Accountable for delivery of Central Asia market sales targets.
Decision Making & Complexity
- Understand banks’ strategies, priorities, needs and business processes, present them strategic ideas and share Visa’s views on industry developments and dynamics and advise how Visa products can impact their results.
- Provide guidance and consultation in development and delivery of Visa products. Understand and influence product positioning and pricing of Visa and competitors’ products in banks’ product portfolios.
- Identify opportunities for new business in markets and develop and implement market entry strategies, as applicable.
Financial & Organizational Scope
- The role holder is reporting to CIS&SEE Group Country Manager, is expected to work independently and will require indirect matrix engagement with various colleagues from different domains globally and regionally. The role requires direct regular contact with functions and would have a high degree of exposure and direct communication with the International hub.
- Develops and ensures implementation of the cluster business strategy, generates new business opportunities and maintains existing client relationships including for large and key accounts.
- Directly manages Business Development teams responsible for Central Asia and indirectly oversees the functional teams responsible for the same region.
Reporting Relationships & Interactions
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the key individuals at Visa Inc.’s and CEMEA’s headquarters and with the other regions outside the US; ensure best practices are highlighted and exchanged.
- Support the development of training and mentoring to meet the changes required in sales culture including commercial and negotiation skills.
- Actively contribute to the development of the department through sharing of information, coaching and support.
- Strong commercial acumen with previous P&L responsibility a plus.
- Excellent analytical, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to generate innovative creative solutions to unique problems and opportunities encountered in complex, uncertain and dynamic environments.
- Ability to plan and co-ordinate a disparate range of Visa support services, both directly and indirectly managed, to ensure that products and services are delivered.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship capabilities.
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills are needed to influence direction and change attitudes and decisions of senior level international bankers.
- Demonstrable drive and energy. Results orientated.
Required Experience (education, skills - professional/technical/business)
- Minimum degree level qualification, MBA.
- Extensive experience in the banking/financial services sector with strong knowledge of card payments industry, its products, services and technologies.
- Background in several different disciplines including sales and marketing with proven negotiation skills.
- Fluent English / Russian / Kazakh languages
- Preferred Experience (education, skills - professional/technical/business)
- International experience ideally within a complex, matrix management organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.