Director of Compensation, Corporate Functions
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
- Act as a high level consultant with client groups on compensation issues such as job evaluation, FLSA exemption reviews, compensation analyses, total compensation review and related issues.
- Participate in the development and drive the execution of compensation processes and initiatives such as annual review, incentive and equity plans, competitive and ad hoc analyses, projects and reporting for assigned client groups.
- Support administrative functions such as market pricing and job architecture.
- Develop quantitative models to assess competitive practice and the organization's competitive position for specific programs.
- Build and maintain relationships with client group Human Resource Business Partners and Managers to ensure effective communication of compensation strategies.
- Support with designing and review of sales incentive plans
- Support and drive implementation of consistent global compensation and HR initiatives (e.g. Annual Review, promotions, job leveling, etc.).
- Participate in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information to determine company's competitive position. Formulate recommendations regarding annual updates to the company salary structure.
- Proactively identify opportunities for organizational effectiveness and make recommendations to management.
- Prepare reports, make recommendations, and interpret policies and procedures.
- Partner with others on Compensation and HR teams to support workload and execution, sharing/transfer of knowledge, increase understanding of international issues and all aspects and considerations around compensation programs and practices.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Strong teamwork skills required to work in a fast moving matrix environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to present information in a concise and meaningful manner to managers and executives.
- Demonstrated teamwork and relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example.
- Strong planning, organizational, consulting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to develop quantitative models (e.g. business case and complex forecasting). Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to drive consensus in cross regional and cross functional teams.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and handle confidential information.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Partner with others within the Compensation group, the Total Rewards function and the broader HR team to support workload and execution, sharing/transfer of knowledge, increase understanding of international issues and all aspects and considerations
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors or Advanced Degree and a minimum of 8 years of progressive HR work experience, with majority in compensation roles.
- Knowledge of Workday and compensation management tools (like Towers/Watson REWARD) desirable.
- Experience working in a global environment on compensation and related issues strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of equity plans and international compensation issues strongly preferred
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”