Sr. Software Test Engineer (REF17841X) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa is recruiting a Senior Software Test Engineer for its Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) group to bring creative thinking and highest quality to some of our key products. Working with a team of talented Engineers you will be at the forefront of revolutionizing the test approach across exciting new enterprise applications where reliability, performance, scalability and security are vital.
As a Senior SW Test Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Establishing, leading and executing the testing strategy at team level
- Being the voice for quality in the design and roll out of our application and services
- Partnering with your technical counterparts to deliver world-class products
- Embracing Agile to drive change and continuous improvement throughout the delivery process
- Championing the importance of quality in all aspects of the delivery lifecycle
- Build test automation framework to support DDP programs
- Build test tools to improve quality and performance
- Develop software to augment existing test automation tools
- Help improve and follow coding and test automation best practices and standards
- Help the efforts to design, develop, execute, and maintain automated test suites
- Help setup, configure, and maintain test environments
- Collaborate with development team to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues
- Automating mobile Android and iOS test scenarios
- Taking a "hands-on" role in both the creation and execution of manual and automated test cases
- Investing appropriately in process changes, automation, tools etc. to reduce, improve and simplify the overall testing effort for the product
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, engineering or related fields is required
- 5+ years of software development and automated test working experience
- Experience in Selenium/Appium
- Experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++
- Strong Unix/Linux skills, proficient with at least one shell and one high-level scripting language (bash, Python, Ruby)
- Experience working with CICD (i.e. Jenkins, Concourse, Puppet)
- Be inquisitive in nature and innovative in their approach
- Be an advocate for quality, influencing the team to build quality into the release pipeline
- Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results
- Have proven experience in testing with a creative edge, showcasing strong problem-solving skills
- Have demonstrable experience in leading testing effort on large-scale software projects
- Be highly confident in testing and automating APIs, Web Services, Batching applications and User Interfaces
- Be a passionate advocate for nurturing Testing talent through coaching and mentoring
- Be a technologist - happy and confident of writing code/script to test applications or build test frameworks across different technologies
- Passion for high quality software engineering
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.