Senior Test Engineer - Belfast
- Belfast, UK
At CyberSource we build the tools that helps businesses turn their ideas into reality. All across the globe merchants look to CyberSource for tools, knowledge and a passion for making payment acceptance safe, fast and easy. We are on an exciting growth journey and we are looking for individuals who echo our client obsession, enjoy delivering great technology (at a global scale) and creating success.
We started this business when the internet was just learning how to walk…now that it’s running at lightning speed, we’re excited about building the next generation of tools that will make starting or growing a company as easy as pie. And, we’re Visa…which makes it fantastic to scale with us since we’re already the #1 payments company in the world. We couldn’t do this without our people. That is at our core. It is our employees’ passion, initiative, creativity and innovation that drives our success and the success of every client we work with. #1 company=best in class talent.
Come join us!
CyberSource NI is recruiting for a Senior Test Engineer to join their team. As a Senior Test Engineer within CyberSource you will have a role in shaping, refining and delivering the strategic and operational testing strategy for a defined product set. Strong technical skills will be a requirement; however, the ideal candidate will be inquisitive in nature and innovative in your approach regarding how to maximize quality
Within this role you will:
* Take ownership of the testing approach throughout all stages of the software development lifecycle
* Operate as both a “doer” and a “thinker”; fulfilling operational testing commitments as well as contributing to and driving the efforts to enhance the test coverage of the team
* Be working at the forefront of a fully-fledged TDD environment embracing continuous delivery and improvement
* Challenge your technical aptitude and know-how through working with this multi-tiered complex application and product set that serves millions of customers globally
* Undertake root cause analysis to identify and tackle bugs within both Java and Ruby on Rails solutions
* Be the ambassador for quality and collaborate with our talented software engineers to produce, enhance and release products that excel the expectations of our global client base
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team’s QA test strategy and the center’s overall testing community and ethos
* Coach and mentor our talented QA Engineers to nurture and refine their testing mindset and technical capability
Our Ideal candidate will:
* Bring an ability and desire to address testing and process problems at their root, stepping back where appropriate to understand the broader context and apply creative solutions
* Be inquisitive in nature and innovative in their approach regarding how to maximize quality
* Be a quality advocate who brings a track record of positively influencing peers and colleagues and driving continuous improvement at a team level
* Be equally comfortable in creating and executing manual and automated tests
* Showcase strong problem-solving skills and excellent judgment
* Have expert understanding of the challenges of testing complex, highly performing and high quality software systems
* Be confident in testing APIs, Web Services and Batching applications
* Be proficient in Linux/Unix/Scripting Languages, Java and Oracle DB
* Have had exposure to performance and/or security testing
* Have a BSc in Software Engineering/Computer Science/IS/related field and/or demonstrable experience in hands-on testing
CyberSource is an equal opportunities employer. We are strongly committed to equal opportunity and strive to align fully with equal employment laws, ordinances and regulations for all applicants and employees. A place where everyone is accepted everywhere. That is our vision, and our passion. We believe that when each of us are empowered to discover our true potential, what we can do together is limitless.