Visa Discovery Program Traineeship (Undergrad) - China, VISA Consultancy and Analytics (VCA)
- Shanghai, China
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Internship Period: June 2019 to August 2019
Work Frequency: 5 days per week during Jun to Aug
VISA Consultancy and Analytics (VCA) serves both internal and external clients to deliver value through analytics such as predictive modeling to predict cardholder spending behavior, strategy development. We derive spending insights based on VISA net data and recommend relevant actions to simulate VISA spending growth.
The team focuses on both internal and external project delivery, strategy development, performance tracking and strategy fine-tune.
We have peak delivery towards the financial year end and the VCA intern role is to support the team during the period on project task follow-up, research, ad hoc analysis, regular / ad hoc reporting, documentation and etc. Through these tasks, the intern can learn how VCA data scientists use advanced analytical tools / knowledge to uplift value provided to clients.
- The role is to support VCA data scientists on:
- desktop research on designated segment or verticals
- project tasks follow-up
- ad hoc reporting on internal projects
- Routing reporting generation on internal projects
- Performance tracking / finding / insight on ad hoc programs.
- coordinating routine meetings and information collection within the Team
In addition to own team, the role may interacts with the following:
- Customer Relationship Management teams
- Product / marketing / controllership
- External clients
- Fluent Chinese (mandarin) and English in both oral and writing
- MS Office proficiency (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- SQL, SAS, Hadoop, Python, R programming skill
- Good analytical and research ability
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and quick to pick up new knowledge
- Knowledge of Statistics, economics, mathematics, operations research or MIS major preferred