Network Senior Security Specialist - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Network Senior Security Specialist, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our culture. Our diligence and expertise is what makes us the undisputed leader in electronic payments. We’ve made it our priority to create a top-tier Engineering team dedicated to Cybersecurity. We are the ‘engine room’, where the opportunities to work with cutting edge technologies and increase the effectiveness of Cyber detection and prevention are as wide as your imagination.
We’re looking for those of you who are inherently driven and fascinated by the art and science of Cybersecurity. We’ll arm you with the very best tools and tech so that you can deliver top notch results.
Development underpins job fulfilment at Visa. As a Network (Lead) Security Specialist you’ll be enthused by getting stuck into various defence and security sector related projects, as well as the chance to work with people from a range of disciplines, as well as colleagues and clients at every level.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Day-to-day support and administration of network firewalls, internet proxies and DDOS mitigation systems in a global, highly complex and fast evolving network
- Take lead in troubleshooting to resolve and identify root cause of production issues in the shortest possible timeframe
- Implement product upgrades, patches and capacity expansions
- Update firewall rules/policies to meet security requirements, creating and supporting rules design via systems automation. To include optimisation, ownership, expiry and certification
- Coordinate with the Security Review team to define new global rules and rules design decisions
- Take implementation accountability and ownership of assigned project tasks and ensure all objectives meet stringent operational guidelines
- Ensure compliance with defined security requirements. Remediate compliance issues within a short time frame
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting and updates for incident, request, change management, and network/firewall assurance programs
- Provide technical support for activities that improve the security posture of Visa’s networks
- Work closely with other network, systems, and security teams within Visa, maintaining up to the minute information about the underlying network, security, and systems to make sure the security tool deployments are operating effectively
- Work with the Cyber Security division to ensure solutions deployed meet Visa Security Requirements and provide technical assistance for investigation and analysis of security alerts
- Collaborate with all internal and 3rd party security and audit teams to implement security controls that protect the Visa brand from real or potential security issues
- Work with vendors to establish product recommendations, configuration, implementation and problem management
- Assist in proof of concept phase to deployment, and manage operational acceptance criteria for sustained engineering support for multiple security tools
- Build systems to automate deployment, configuration, and reduce human error for repeatable and well understood tasks
- Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organisation and technology solutions
- Participate in on call rotation as part of global team
What we’re after…
- Mid-Level experience working on information security platforms with a large, mission-critical enterprise environment
- This specific opportunity requires someone with a keen desire to work as part of a global team to understand the network estate
- Passionate about learning technologies and understanding the strengths and weaknesses of each
- Expected to be able to work on your own managing and prioritising and planning your workload as well as working as a team
- Understand how further capability can be leveraged from existing tools and identifying opportunities for integration with other tool-sets to increase the layers of defence.
- A keen desire to attain CISSP or equivalent industry certification to demonstrate security awareness
- Significant and demonstrable Network security experience
- Proven ability to troubleshoot problems systematically in complex systems and network environments
- Strong interpersonal skills with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.