Solution Architect (Push Payments)
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa and bank accounts globally using push payment technology. In Central Europe Middle East Africa (CEMEA) region, Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person to person (P2P) transfer, person to merchant payment (QR payments), and funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements).
We are at the core of Visa’s overall vision to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere. We are fueled by a diverse team of talented team-members who continuously raise the bar on delivering best-in-class products and services to people all over the world.
We are looking for a Manager within our Solutions Management team with varying levels of experience and background (3-5 years) in payments and technology. The candidate filling this role will be a key team member of the MENA Push Payment solution team.
As part of the Visa Direct Solutions team, you will design the solution and implement the same working with Visa’s customers. You will work closely with regional leads in creating solution relevant for your specific geography across various use cases. Your role will include aspects of consultative client engagement, product strategy, and analytics to craft solutions to meet customer needs. You will also be working with a team that supports technical conversations and deployment with external partners, including advising on how they can work with Visa to build custom solutions that utilize their strengths to enhance Visa’s solution offering.
- Be the ultimate Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Visa Direct APIs in CEMEA
- Responsible for leading design discussion and as well as deep dive workshops with clients for developing digital payment solutions leveraging Visa Direct APIs
- Able to identify relevant APIs based on client problems and explain how Visa’s APIs function
- Coordinate resolution of issues and design of new solutions with the regional and global product team
- Work alongside a cross-functional team of Sales and Business Development to build and drive strategic business goals for Visa
- Work closely with our partners across the solution development cycle starting from strategy and solution definition through launch and go to market, by co-managing and driving the completion of key execution deliverables
- Track progress on projects’ implementations and act as first line of support for product related issues
- Stay abreast of trends in the payments, technology, business, identifying implications for Visa’s Product & Solutions strategy and our clients businesses
- Adopt human-centered design thinking around how Visa can improve its customer experience across Visa’s product and solutions sets
- Support management of project pipeline and driving the client engagements as per opportunities pipeline
- Manage through influence, but without direct management authority
- Embrace teamwork while promoting a culture of openness and flexibility
- Candidate must have the ability to travel
- Bachelors/Degree or equivalent work experience with an aptitude and passion for technology
- 3-5 years of related work experience – prior experience in taking new products/solutions from the idea stage to commercial launch is preferred
- Have a strong engineering or architecture background focused on Web technologies, APIs, and machine-to-machine communication over the Internet.
- High knowledge of the electronic payments landscape including mobile and internet payments
- Demonstrated strong project management skills
- Be willing and able to get hands-on with technology teams or deep-dive into user flows with clients.
- Be conversant in the predominant programming languages used by our target developer communities. Have technical appreciation and hands-on experience in XML/SOAP and REST/JSON.
- Eagerness and self-starting approach and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to translate client business needs into solutions through co-creation
- Client engagement and presentation skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English language is a must
- Experience in global money movement & remittance products
- Knowledge or experience with Agile methodology to drive product development and delivery
- Good command of Arabic language is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.