Business Development Leader
- Miami, FL, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying business development opportunities to increase card acceptance and merchant coverage in the Caribbean region, by working with key merchants and multinationals, acquirers and external stakeholders. The role will be responsible for the execution of the Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) business plan for the Caribbean region in coordination with the Regional Country Head, MS&A Head and Global hierarchy to execute the corresponding strategies. Position will be located at the Visa either in Miami Visa office or at Santo Domingo, DR.
· Create and implement Merchant and Acquirer strategy for the Caribbean markets in close collaboration and alignment with the country leads
· Analyze market data and interact with other market teams to identify Merchant and Acquiring development opportunities in line with the plans
· Identify, develop and manage key merchant accounts. Manage relationship programs, add value to strategic merchants, acquirers and issuers through the development and implementation of initiatives that increase acceptance and use of Visa products. Responsible for measuring and monitoring the results of those activities.
· Develop alliances with key merchants, Acquirers and other stakeholders to achieve brand preference including initiatives related to product, marketing and technology
· Ensure coordination with internal teams for the execution of the acceptance activities
· Add value to acquiring clients through the set of products and services available for the market
· Main accountability is for the implementation of the Acceptance strategy and proposing adjustments as deemed necessary as market conditions evolve in the Caribbean region.
· Position will be responsible for managing the budget assigned to ensure implementation of plans is done on a timely basis and within available resources with a high degree of compliance with Visa control policies
Reporting Relationships & Interactions
· Position will report to Head of Merchant Sales & Acquiring for the Caribbean region and the Regional Country Head
· He/she will interact internally with Sales, Products, VCA and Marketing teams, among others, and the MS&A Regional and Global teams.
· Externally the position will interact with several stakeholders, including acquiring clients, merchants and Third Party Agents.
· Knowledge and understanding of banking operations and/ or payment schemes, including products & services, business systems and processes; merchant and acquiring experience in the designated markets is desired
· Marketing knowledge, experience in dealing with the Latin America region
· Experience working with financial indicators to measure business performance including P&L responsibility
· Sales and/or Industry Management experience
· Excellent business planning and project management skills
· Ability to work independently and engage multiple levels of management in key decisions where required for the business
· Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
· Ability to multi-task numerous projects concurrently
· Ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross functional relationships
· Understanding of Merchant Acquiring business in particular
· This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.”
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or
3 years of work experience with a PhD
Other Required Characteristics
• Leadership/Influential skills
• Analytical Skills
• People-oriented/Team Player
• Strong interpersonal abilities – must project credibility and integrity
• Flexible with hours
• Goal seeker
• Ability to multitask
• Detail oriented
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.